Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Local Employment

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Local Employment Empty Local Employment Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:08 pm

keisey

Arresto Menor

Dear Sir,
I am working as a nurse in one of the Hospitals here in Metro MAnila for 2 years now, the hospital is under the local gov't. All of us here are "CONTRACT OF SERVICE". During the Political transition, a lot of workers were terminated because of political reason. But 2 days ago, the admin was asking from us NURSES an IVT card..and they want it ASAP as in right now.. I am one of those who don't have that card.We were caught unaware because they said "NO IVT CARD, NO CONTRACT"..I was surprised because it was never a requirement upon application to this institution. They should've asked us ahead of time. This very day, they already filled out my position.. is there any legal basis to their act?

2Local Employment Empty Re: Local Employment Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:09 pm

attyLLL

please explain what is an ivt card. i look up the acronym and it says intravenous therapy.

if this is a government hospital, you cannot go to the nlrc. i recommend you inquire at the civil service commission, but i'm afraid i'm not too familiar with their procedures.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Local Employment Empty Re: Local Employment Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:18 am

keisey

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:please explain what is an ivt card. i look up the acronym and it says intravenous therapy.

if this is a government hospital, you cannot go to the nlrc. i recommend you inquire at the civil service commission, but i'm afraid i'm not too familiar with their procedures.

YES, IVT means IV therapy. When we applied at the said institution, it was never a requirement until 3 days ago. In order to have an IVT card means you have to attend a 3-day training program, complete the cases required, submission of those to ANSAP (association of nursing admin of the philippines)wait for 2-3 months for the availment of the card. Now, the admin wants us to produce it within 24 hrs.. that is so impossible! If only, they had advised us ahead of time to submit it as part of a "MUST" requirement then we should've gotten it earlier, but they didn't and what is at stake is our contract. Much more, they right away put a replacement to my position as headnurse.. That is so unfair! in my opinion, having a license in IVT is a prerogative.. it is never compulsory. It is just like a specialization that a nurse would go through if he/she wants to.. It is never a responsibility because IV insertion was and is never within the scope of nursing practice.That's why the ANSAP formulated the said training and be licensed because most of the nurses now are into IV insertion for them to be protected of their acts. It may be my responsibility to accomplish it if and only if they required it from me but in our case, they didn't from the very start. I just want a fair and just treatment.They denied me and my co-nurses our contract. Are there any legal basis to their actions??

4Local Employment Empty Re: Local Employment Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:19 am

attyLLL

i believe you were illegally dismissed, especially if the period of your contract was not yet expired. again the remedy is to file a complaint at the csc.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Local Employment Empty Re: Local Employment Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:34 am

keisey

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:i believe you were illegally dismissed, especially if the period of your contract was not yet expired. again the remedy is to file a complaint at the csc.

Thank you very much Sir..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum