Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

ARTICLE 1799

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ARTICLE 1799 Empty ARTICLE 1799 Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:47 am

jeff3030

Arresto Menor

Can someone explain to me further the Article 1799 of the civil law please.

Help please

2ARTICLE 1799 Empty Re: ARTICLE 1799 Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:31 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Art. 1799. A stipulation which excludes one or more partners from any share in the profits or losses is void. (1691)

(1) Stipulation Excluding a Partner from Profits or Losses

(a) The general rule is that a stipulation excluding one or morepartners from any share in the
profits or losses is void.

Reason: The partnership is for COMMON BENEFIT.

(b) One exception is in the case of the industrial partner whom the law itself excludes from losses. (Art. 1797, par. 2). If the law itself does this, a stipulation exempting the industrial partner from losses is naturally valid. (Of course, it is permissible to stipulate that even the industrial partner shall be liable for losses.)

(2) Reason Why Industrial Partner Is Generally Exempted from Losses

While capitalist partners can withdraw their capital, the industrial partner cannot withdraw any labor or industry he had already exerted. Moreover, in a certain sense, he already has shared in the losses in that, if the partnership shows no profit, this means that he has labored in vain. (See 11 Manresa 377).

- excerpt from Civl Code Volume 5 by Justice Paras

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum