Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hospital to Impose Interest to unpaid bill.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DunnKurtice

Arresto Menor

Hi All--

Good Day!

My wife had a surgery last year and due to HMO Coverage failure. I owe a big amount of money to a hospital, they wouldn't allow us to leave unless we provided them a collateral and made arrangements to pay 3,000 php per month. Which I know I could not pay but they did not want to accept my request to pay it for 1,000 monthly. I used the house that my mother both for us but the title has not been transferred yet to our name. I have received a text message from them stating that if I do not settle the full amount. They will be imposing a 12% interest. My question is, is this legal and are they allowed to do such things. As far as I can recall only financial institution are allowed to do this.

Please enlighten me.

Thank you.

Nuj

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum