Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Store Daily Sales

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Store Daily Sales  Empty Store Daily Sales Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:17 pm

ivanmik

Arresto Menor

Hi,
I’m a franchise store owner and my store is inside the mall. I just want to ask what is the next step regarding my 2 staff stealing money in my store. Recently I check my bank account where they deposit their daily sales. Apparently there are some missing daily sales that were not deposited in the bank account. It was between October 2015 up to December 2015 that there are one or two days that it was not deposited. I conducted first a initial investigation on January 6, 2016 to ask them since the latest missing daily sales was December 29, 2015. They couldn’t tell me where daily sales went. They claimed that they deposited it in the bank but they can't produce a copy of the deposit slip and they said maybe they lost it. I told them even if you lost the deposit slip it doesn’t matter as long as it will appear and got credited on my bank account, I even show them the passbook. i wrote a memo to them that I will do a complete investigation on all missing sales deposit and I let them sign and also memo regarding their salary to be hold until my investigation completed. I also ask them to make a statement / explanation on the particular daily sales that went missing. I got their both statements but nobody claim responsible for the missing daily sales. Upon my own investigation I got a direct evidence that my 2 staff is really stealing money from the store since its them two and the bank where the only person who handles the daily sales money no one else even me I don’t touch the money until it got deposited in the bank. As far as i know regarding labor law do I need to show and inform them all the evidence I gather against them and suspend them personally and in writing and give them 15 days to respond in writing to explain / defend their self regarding my accusations or I will go directly to the police and file a complaint or I go to the lawyer first? I will appreciate if you can answer all my questions.

Thank you

2Store Daily Sales  Empty Re: Store Daily Sales Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:48 am

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

You can do it simultaneously. Issue a Show-Cause memo and observe due process as to the employee's employment. AT the same time, file a case as to the criminal aspect of this case.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum