Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

LIBEL AND HARRASMENT?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LIBEL AND HARRASMENT? Empty LIBEL AND HARRASMENT? Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:48 pm

leime

Arresto Menor

HI.I just want some advice on what to do...here's my dilemma...

We hired my Aunt as our 'kasambahay' and she stayed with us for 5-6 years but then over the years her husband and son came to live with us,too.Which I dont mind at first,since they're relatives.Im the only one staying in our house since my parents are retirees and live in the province..For the past years they 'abused' our kindness in terms of food,shelter & amenities.Last sept 2010,my aunt told me and my mom to find another 'kasambahay' since her son now is very hard headed and 'malikot'.Due to her REQUEST we immediately found a replacement and they were forced(voluntary?) to pack up there things..After a few days,my aunt went to our house and talked to our new maid 'Rhea' and told her all these LIES(TSIMIS) about our family,which really went overboard,way past the line.we also have numerous feedback from our neighbors(homeowners) regarding my aunt,telling us to get rid of her...first time she tattled tale me,we let it pass.Then our maid 'Rhea' went back to the province..and we had a new maid now "Enmil"...auntie found out that we have a new maid..she went all the way to our house AGAIN and told our new maid ALL THOSE LIES AGAIN...
Is this considered as 'harrassment' in a way? since my aunt keep on going back to our house ,when she has no business? and checking out our status,and telling lies to our new maids so that they will leave us??
In case, Im going to file a case? what case will it be Libel? Defamation? Harrasment??
Im also planning to blotter my aunt since she kept on going back to our house when Im not at home(she knows my schedule) and only our maid is at home but she's not going inside our house..will this be a wise step??
We already informed her to stop doing these or else we will file a case but she's still going to our house...
What thing do I need to present in court??procedures??
Thank you so much...I appreciate any advise..Im really at lost here on what to do..

2LIBEL AND HARRASMENT? Empty Re: LIBEL AND HARRASMENT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:32 pm

attyLLL

the proper case is slander or oral defamation. your proof will be the statement of your maid that your aunt approached her and told her the defamatory remarks.

if you don't live in the same city or municipality, no need to file at the bgy first. you can file your complaint affidavit at the prosecutor's office in the area where you live.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3LIBEL AND HARRASMENT? Empty Re: LIBEL AND HARRASMENT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:27 pm

leime

Arresto Menor

thank u Very Happy

4LIBEL AND HARRASMENT? Empty Re: LIBEL AND HARRASMENT? Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:41 am

leime

Arresto Menor

is there a time frame for me to file the case??My work hinders me from going to hearings/summonings.My schedule is very hectic.My mom is an OFW and will be coming home for good in june.Can I authorize her as my representative? or can she be the one to file the case since the 'rumors' are about our family ,too?

thank u Smile

5LIBEL AND HARRASMENT? Empty Re: LIBEL AND HARRASMENT? Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:49 am

attyLLL

if you're really serious about this you will have to do it now. you will lose credibility if you delay.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum