Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

transfer of breadwinner status

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1transfer of breadwinner status Empty transfer of breadwinner status Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:59 am

Scubarazzi

Arresto Menor

I'd like to ask, how is the status of primary breadwinner transferred from one parent to the other? I used to be the primary, but lately my spouse has been holding the more stable and better paying job, so we'd like to do a status transfer. I suppose it should be theoretically possible, but we don't know how to go about it.

Many thanks in advance! Smile

2transfer of breadwinner status Empty Re: transfer of breadwinner status Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:40 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Transfer of Status in what area/function and for what purpose would you need to do this "transfer"?

http://www.councilviews.com

3transfer of breadwinner status Empty Re: transfer of breadwinner status Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:54 pm

Scubarazzi

Arresto Menor

The primary breadwinner among two parents with dependent/s is eligible for a tax exempt benefit; s/he is taxed significantly less than a regular employee.

I am currently the one holding this status. However, given our current situation, my spouse would be better suited for this, so we'd like to have my spouse recognized as the primary breadwinner instead.

Apologies in advance, since I'm not sure if I'm using the proper terminology.

4transfer of breadwinner status Empty Re: transfer of breadwinner status Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:14 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

if this related to having your spouse claim the exemption for your children, then you need to fill up a waiver and them both signed by your and your spouse's employer.

5transfer of breadwinner status Empty Re: transfer of breadwinner status Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:47 pm

Scubarazzi

Arresto Menor

Oh okay. Where can I get the necessary forms? Or do I just approach my spouse's employer's HR dept for those?

6transfer of breadwinner status Empty Re: transfer of breadwinner status Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:29 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

BIR should have that.

Why would you approach your spouse's HR department?

Either have your spouse get the form from them or you get them from your own HR department.

7transfer of breadwinner status Empty Re: transfer of breadwinner status Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:57 pm

Scubarazzi

Arresto Menor

Ah yes, of course. Sorry, I worded that incorrectly.

Many thanks for the advice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum