Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOUNCED CHEQUE

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BOUNCED CHEQUE Empty BOUNCED CHEQUE Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:34 pm

junnette

Arresto Menor

Good day po. I would like to seek for a legal advise regarding on bounced cheques. I am an employee of a trading company. Specifically we sell tires. I have a client who bought 14 pcs of tires and issued 3 postdated checks in favor of my boss. The check was issued under my boss's name. However, the first check issued was dishonored due to closed account. The second check was in the same bank account and the third one is in different bank account under the name of his girlfriend. As I confirmed with the bank, all the accounts were already closed. The issuer of the check could not be reached anymore, he doesn't reply on viber and he blocked me in facebook. I could not locate him anymore. I am very afraid that my boss might charge me all of the issuers debts because I was the one who made transactions with him.

I can't pay the amount of 138,400. I am just an employee who sell our products. I reached out to his girlfriend to bear the notice of dishonor and demand for payment but she refused to receive the notice because she has no idea about the transaction. She didn't even provided me her boyfriend's phone number, rather she provided hers and she will be the one to talk with his boyfriend.

Can I file a case in behalf of my boss(the payee)?
Where should I file?
Any idea how much will be the filing fee?
Should I need a lawyer to file the case?

But I can't afford to pay the services of a lawyer or pay for a filing fee.

PLease help. Thank you

2BOUNCED CHEQUE Empty Re: BOUNCED CHEQUE Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:27 pm

Filia

Filia
Reclusion Perpetua

You cannot file a case against the buyer because you are not proper party but your boss.

Your boss cannot sue you unless he will have knowlesge of your participation as one of the perpetrators, an accomplice may be or the mastermind.

3BOUNCED CHEQUE Empty Re: BOUNCED CHEQUE Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:28 am

junnette

Arresto Menor

if my boss will be the one to file the case.
where it should be?
do you have an idea if how much will be the filing fee and other expenses?
what shall be the first thing to do?

thanks!

4BOUNCED CHEQUE Empty Re: BOUNCED CHEQUE Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:26 am

technified_ex

technified_ex
Prision Correccional

I agree with filia, in addition to ur question, the case should b filed with the MTC of the place where your business place is located. Filing fee depends on the amount you are recovering.

5BOUNCED CHEQUE Empty Re: BOUNCED CHEQUE Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:24 pm

Blacknight02

Arresto Menor

junnette wrote:if my boss will be the one to file the case.
where it should be?
do you have an idea if how much will be the filing fee and other expenses?
what shall be the first thing to do?

thanks!

Your boss can file a case in court for bouncing check. Just make sure you have the true identity of the person and some proof that they really bough something in your company(receipt etc).

The thing, it can take a long time especially if you do not have the address of the person or in anyway to contact them anymore. Pictures will help. They can have problem when getting a police onbi clearance in the future by filing a court complaint.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum