Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illegal Dismissal

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Illegal Dismissal Empty Illegal Dismissal Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:21 am

Nilo C

Arresto Menor

I would like to seek an advise regarding my employer because I feel that I was not subjected to a Due Process thru bringing down a decision of an immediate termination of my employment after 2 months probationary period stay. There was no prior Verbal or Written Notice served to me and the reason was due to poor attendance / habitual absences.

Summary :

Date of Employment Commencement : February 23, 2015
Date of Employment Termination       : April 24, 2015

1. While in my work sometime during the 2nd week of March, I was not feeling well, so I went to the company clinic for check up.  was diagnosed with a high blood pressure ( 160 / 100 ) and the doctor had me confined in the clinic until end of working hours. I filed 2 days of sick leave afterwards.
2. On the 30th March 2015, I was detained for 1 week at the Municipal Jail due to violation of RA 9262 : Personal problem with my wife.
3. On the 17th April 2015, Intruders had stolen  my laptop and Iphone inside my house … I took 1 day leave because there was a need to report the incident to the legal Authorities.
4. I was not issued a PC or laptop which is of a very important need on my function as an engineer such that I can use to generate report and access to send / receive emails from other segments on need of my support.

I was assigned and given the task to perform a specific function as an Equipment Maintenance Engineer and with 20 years of my relevant working experience, being my name known to be reputable in the industry, I believe that my skills and capability were competent enough to serve the interest of the company.

Admittedly, there was a failure on my part to maximize my performance due to these unavoidable circumstances, but was it lawful that i was served with Immediate termination of my employment or the action made to me was illegal Dismissal ? Please advise.

Last edited by Nilo C on Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong grammar construction)

2Illegal Dismissal Empty Re: Illegal Dismissal Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:54 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

You were a probationary employee. You did not meet the standards set by the company. You were terminated.

You might have a difficult time proceeding with a case of illegal dismissal against the company.

http://www.councilviews.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum