Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

what qualifies as an NBI hit

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1what qualifies as an NBI hit Empty what qualifies as an NBI hit Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:08 am

amboy24

Arresto Menor

Hello,

My friend has a bit of a history of owing money lenders and paying with some questionable checks.

There are some cases that have already gone before a judge and a settlement agreement was made.

There is one which has never gone to a judge for settlement and she has been paying the lender back a little at a time. The problem with this one is that once the complaint was made she never showed up for the hearing and a warrant was issued. She has still been paying the lender based on agreement between them but the legal warrant still exists (at one point she was told it was in archive status).

My question is Will any of these show as hits on a request for NBI clearance? If so, can we do anything in advance to try and clear them before she requests the NBI clearance?

Thanks

2what qualifies as an NBI hit Empty Re: what qualifies as an NBI hit Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:15 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

If there are any pending criminal cases in the courts of law, this may constitute a 'hit' in the NBI clearance the person.

The ONLY way to clear/erase the 'hit' is to go the the branch of court where the case is pending and settle the case. Further, a Warrant of Arrest is valid until served or recalled. As such, if your friend has an outstanding warrant for her arrest, he/she can be arrested anytime... anywhere. Even when applying for an NBI Clearance.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]