Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Petition to Recognize Foreign Divorce Decree

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rj29

Arresto Menor

Good day Atty. Can I file a petition to recognize foreign divorce decree based on the facts below? Your kind help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

* My wife and I, both Filipino citizen, were legally married here. She then went to US and filed a divorce and was granted. She was a FILIPINO CITIZEN at the time she filed a divorce.

* She then remarries there ( an American Citizen) and later filed a divorce again.

* She remarries again an American Citizen and later on she became an American Citizen.

* She and her current husband adopted our children here in the Philippines and was granted by the Philippine Court.

* I have a copy of the final judgement of divorce, divorce report of the statistics office of the state, divorce law of the state, marriage record of her former and current husband, final judgement of the adoption of our children.

attyLLL

no, because she was a filipino at the time of filing of the application for divorce.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

It's very odd the Philippine court system found the divorce ok for HER!!! Or isn't it ever checked, even when the adoption was approved???

rj29

Arresto Menor

Your right Lunkan.

Anybody..What will be my resort then? How can I move on with my current status? Why did the Philippine court approved the foreigners petition and will not recognize mine? What protection can the Philippine court extend to its own citizen?

She's now an American citizen living and enjoying her life and even remarried twice and I was left here still married to her and still can own what I own???

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

rj29 wrote: Why did the Philippine court approved the foreigners petition and will not recognize mine? What protection can the Philippine court extend to its own citizen?
In some cases Philippine courts have been very unfair to foreigners, taking side with the Filipino, NOT following the law.
But Philippine law is HARDER to Filipinos concerning DIVORCE.
That's why I found it very odd IF the PHILIPPINES have found her divorced if she was Filipino citizen then. Perhaps they BRIBED the Philippine court... Laughing

Odd nr 2:
WHEN a spouse have been aproved divorce abroad, then I have read the Filipino partner have some use of that (but I don't remember how.) So it's odd the court said totaly No to you... Shocked

marlo

Reclusion Perpetua

rj29 wrote:Your right Lunkan.

Anybody..What will be my resort then? How can I move on with my current status? Why did the Philippine court approved the foreigners petition and will not recognize mine? What protection can the Philippine court extend to its own citizen?

She's now an American citizen living and enjoying her life and even remarried twice and I was left here still married to her and still can own what I own???

Maybe do the same thing , migrate and get a different citizenship so you can file a divorce outside Philippines and have it recognized afterwards. Smile

Or maybe move on, get a beach marriage. I dont think she will sue you for that since she got what she wants already and she's not married to you anymore. Thus, bigamy case can be out of her hands imho.

SalusPopuliEstSupremaLex

SalusPopuliEstSupremaLex
Arresto Mayor

Lunkan wrote:
rj29 wrote: Why did the Philippine court approved the foreigners petition and will not recognize mine? What protection can the Philippine court extend to its own citizen?
In some cases Philippine courts have been very unfair to foreigners, taking side with the Filipino, NOT following the law.
But Philippine law is HARDER to Filipinos concerning DIVORCE.
That's why I found it very odd IF the PHILIPPINES have found her divorced if she was Filipino citizen then.  Perhaps they BRIBED the Philippine court...   Laughing

Odd nr 2:
WHEN a spouse have been aproved divorce abroad, then I have read the Filipino partner have some use of that (but I don't remember how.) So it's odd the court said totaly No to you...  Shocked

I think that the Philippines did not find her divorce valid. The foreign country did. Smile

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

SalusPopuliEstSupremaLex wrote:
I think that the Philippines did not find her divorce valid. The foreign country did. Smile
Yes, but the Philippine court don't seem to have concidered the in the Philippines UNvalid divorce when it handled the ADOPTION, which I find odd...

rj29

Arresto Menor

The divorce was approved 13 yrs ago when she was still a Filipino citizen. She became a citizen 8 years ago and was able to adopt our kids. Is there any way our divorce maybe recognized? Thanks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum