Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

unpaid credit card balance

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1unpaid credit card balance Empty unpaid credit card balance Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:37 am

eramos

Arresto Menor

Good Morning. I've been using my credit card for 10 years. unfortunately I lost a job just this June. I now failed to pay my debt since then. from 220k my total amount due now is 260k. The bank called me and told me that I must pay 12600 first before I can apply for account restructuring with an interest rate of 1%. I was not able to pay it as of now because I am jobless. What should I do or how should I respond to the threats of a law firm that they will file a case against me if I failed to settle the said amount. I have no intention of running from my my obligation that is why I constantly coordinate with the bank.
Please advise.

2unpaid credit card balance Empty Re: unpaid credit card balance Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:27 am

Yza143

Arresto Menor

Good Day po. I have an unpaid credit card balance with HSBC. My last conversation with an HSBC's collection dept. was last 2 years ago, the balance is 86k. Agent's name is Anna. Told Anna I cannot pay it in cash, asked her if they offer installment because I'm willing to pay, she told me that they don't offer installment, if I don't pay them cash they will endorse me to their collecting agency. I told her that I really cannot pay cash. After that I haven't heard from them. It's been this past few months that I receive demand letter from 2 different firm, the last is from Atty. Alex Molaer. Now my balance reached 110k. Just last week they sent a final demand letter stating: " For Collection of Sum of Money, under the Rule on Small Claims Cases, and/or criminally prosecute you for Violation of R.A 8484 (Defrauding of Creditors), if legally warranted, before the Metropolitan Trial Court of Taguig.” Please be advised that the Rule on “Small Claims Cases” requires only one (1) hearing and any court’s decision rendered shall become immediately final and non-appealable. Your spouse, if any, shall be included as mandatory party-defendant, under Rule 3 Sec.4 of the New Rules of Court. Please help me, I'm a single parent . I have kids studying.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum