Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this illegal dismissal?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is this illegal dismissal? Empty Is this illegal dismissal? Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:07 pm

PykeOPATHIC

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I was hired by this company last August 3. September 11th, Thursday, the Operations Director told me that there is a mismatch between my skills and what they really need. She already expressed her intent to terminate my employment that day but I requested her to reconsider because I have been with them for only a month and I gave up some opportunities when they decided to hire me. She said she will let me know the following week. Then last September 15th, Tuesday, our Operations Director sent me an email that says:

"Hi Employee,

This is to advise you that after consulting with the Managing Director, we are firm on our decision to terminate your employment with the company.

As discussed, we have come to this decision because we have established during your probationary evaluation period that your skills are not a fit for the role and we require more than you are able to provide with your experience and ability.

Your last day will be September 18, Friday. However, you need not report to work tomorrow until your last day. Please turn over all your files and your computer to our IT Personnel by end of business day today."

The way I understand her email is, they made a mistake with the qualifications. If they realized that belatedly, is it legal to dismiss a probationary employee?

Some things to take note of:

1) In the one month I have been with them, there were no evaluations done.

2) I don't have any violations.

2Is this illegal dismissal? Empty Re: Is this illegal dismissal? Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:02 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Her email says it's a mismatch - not necessarily that they made a mistake, but just that your skills are not in line with the job.

It may be a better way of saying that while you may be good, your skills are not enough for the position, or that you're way over your head on this.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Is this illegal dismissal? Empty Re: Is this illegal dismissal? Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:08 am

PykeOPATHIC

Arresto Menor

council wrote:Her email says it's a mismatch - not necessarily that they made a mistake, but just that your skills are not in line with the job.

It may be a better way of saying that while you may be good, your skills are not enough for the position, or that you're way over your head on this.

Thanks for replying. You could be right. But is 1 month enough for her to come up with such decision? Isn't she supposed to give me an evaluation? Doesnt her decision seem a bit whimsical? Overall, is my dismissal legal?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum