Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

requesting for COE

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1requesting for COE  Empty requesting for COE Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:55 am

billygeronimo

Arresto Menor

My previous employer decline to give me an employment certificate maybe because of the reason that I filed a complaint at DOLE because they did not comply to minimum wage order. I am worried because I'm applying for a new job and this one of the requirements. I had requested them for several times and still the answer is no. I had already comply all their requirements.I have been asking people but they always say its a must. What should i do to get my COE? Please help!

2requesting for COE  Empty Re: requesting for COE Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:53 pm

Filia

Filia
Reclusion Perpetua

I dont think magbibigay yan kasi nga may case ka against them. Baka pag binigyan ka, lagyan pa ng masasamamg comments yan.

3requesting for COE  Empty Re: requesting for COE Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:51 pm

mrs_scofield

Prision Correccional

Under Section 10 of the present rules of the Labor Code,

"SECTION 10. Certification of Employment. - A dismissed worker shall be entitled to receive on request, certificate from the employer specifying the dates of his engagement and termination of his employment and the type or types of work on which he is employed." (Section 10, Rule XIV, Book V, Rules to Implement the Labor Code)."

Write a letter to your previous employer and quote this provision and hope that your company will heed your demand.

Although the Labor Code provides for this said law, employers often, if not always, dismissed such request because the law does not provide for any penal sanction for non-compliance.  

There is however Senate Bill 1005 seeking to amend such provision by providing penal sanction (fine not exceeding P100,000.00 and/or imprisonment of not less than 6mos to 1yr). Until the proposed bill is approved and becomes a law, I'm afraid your previous employer will just continue to ignore your request.

But there are other ways to prove your employment. You can demand a certification for SSS payments from your employer. Such certification will include statement you were its employee from the period covered by the SSS payments made. This certification might suffice.

If this doesn't work still, have an SSS online account and you can print out information there about your previous employer.

And your last resort is to file a complaint before the DOLE for your employer's refusal to issue a Certificate of Employment, the agency can better help you with that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum