Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

COLLEGE FACULTY COMPENSATION

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1COLLEGE FACULTY COMPENSATION Empty COLLEGE FACULTY COMPENSATION Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:58 pm

solgarcia

Arresto Menor

Good day po. I would like to ask your opinion regarding the status of our compensation in a private higher educational institution (HEI).  The situation is as follows:

1.  We are regular full time faculty of an HEI.  In practice for so many years now, we receive 12-month salary in a year.  During summer break, regular full time faculty receives full month salary (vacation pay) for April and May regardless if he/she has summer teaching load or not.  The summer load (if any) thus becomes an overload and is paid on top of the 2-month vacation pay.

2.  Next school year, calendar will be shifted to start first week of July 2016.  Summer of previous school year ends first week of June 2016.  So, there is a one month break of classes for the faculty.  

3.  Admin advises us that we will still receive our vacation pay on April and May 2016, as scheduled.  However, the basic pay will not be given on June 2016, instead we will get our pay from whatever summer teaching load that we have.  In short, summer teaching load is no longer on top of our basic pay, but will be the source of income for June 2016.  This scheme will be applied to all FULL TIME REGULAR TENURED FACULTY.  In other words, the basic pay that we will receive for 2016 is for 11 months only.

Does the HEI have any right to do this? (Not paying the full time tenured faculty their basic pay just because the calendar was shifted to open on a latter date.  Faculty is willing to report for admin work in June 2016.)  Please enlighten us.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum