Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Waiver on Company Events

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Waiver on Company Events Empty Waiver on Company Events Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:25 am

crismogram

Arresto Menor

I just find this waiver interesting, Is this something legal?
Should the company guarantee its employees safety and well being.
I've been with a lot of companies and this is the first time I will ever sign such a document.
My colleagues mentioned that this waiver is being exercised in any event team building, christmas party, sports fest and year end.

Any insight on this will be much appreciated.

You can view the document here. replace all comma with dot

www,anony,ws/i/2015/08/05/CTIForm,jpg

2Waiver on Company Events Empty Re: Waiver on Company Events Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:19 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

So far nothing wrong with it - since they specify situations of "accident, force majeure" etc etc which in reality the company has no control over.

But I do find it unusual or improper that you will be charged a fee for non-attendance.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Waiver on Company Events Empty Re: Waiver on Company Events Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:44 am

crismogram

Arresto Menor

I guess its the companies tradition for them not to overspend in case only few will participate.
Well, I guess it's fine if you think so.

Here is a followup question regarding the same waiver but on a different event.

A sportsfest - a probationary employee got injured that caused bone fracture etc.
Since he is still in probation he doesn't have an HMO card yet, no coverage at all.

Given the employee signed the same type of waiver. Is it also right that the company will not be held responsible and hold no liability?

4Waiver on Company Events Empty Re: Waiver on Company Events Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:17 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

crismogram wrote:I guess its the companies tradition for them not to overspend in case only few will participate.
Well, I guess it's fine if you think so.

Here is a followup question regarding the same waiver but on a different event.

A sportsfest - a probationary employee got injured that caused bone fracture etc.
Since he is still in probation he doesn't have an HMO card yet, no coverage at all.

Given the employee signed the same type of waiver. Is it also right that the company will not be held responsible and hold no liability?

No direct liability - but since it happens in an official office activity, the employee should be taken care of by bringing the employee to the hospital and if possible handling the expenses in the meantime, then do a salary deduction afterwards.

http://www.councilviews.com

5Waiver on Company Events Empty Re: Waiver on Company Events Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:28 am

crismogram

Arresto Menor

Thank you council.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum