Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEMPORARY work to minors?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TEMPORARY work to minors? Empty TEMPORARY work to minors? Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

I did read the law about no EMPLOYMENT of kids under 15 normaly. That's natural, because they need to go to SCHOOL.

But is it allowed to give SMALL jobs to even younger kids in the Philippines? = Small jobs they can handle BESIDE school ?

(In my home country is the mininum for such work 13, it can be even babies in special cases. My sister became photo model when she was 1.5 years Smile I worked much in neighbour's farm during school vacations myself, when I were 10.)

I asume many poor Filipino kids assist their parents e g in farm work.

I wonder, because I think it's a good idea to give kids SMALL paid jobs to learn them value of money. My own kids too Smile instead of just give them money or things.

2TEMPORARY work to minors? Empty Re: TEMPORARY work to minors? Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:01 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Lunkan wrote:I did read the law about no EMPLOYMENT of kids under 15 normaly.  That's natural, because they need to go to SCHOOL.

But is it allowed to give SMALL jobs to even younger kids in the Philippines? = Small jobs they can handle BESIDE school ?

(In my home country is the mininum for such work 13, it can be even babies in special cases.  My sister became photo model when she was 1.5 years   Smile      I worked much in neighbour's farm during school vacations myself, when I were 10.)

I asume many poor Filipino kids assist their parents e g in farm work.

I wonder, because I think it's a good idea to give kids SMALL paid jobs to learn them value of money.  My own kids too  Smile  instead of just give them money or things.

Yes, subject to acquiring a Working Child Permit (WCP).

http://www.councilviews.com

3TEMPORARY work to minors? Empty Re: TEMPORARY work to minors? Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:23 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Do I have to get WORKING child permit to be allowed to give a SMALL* jobs to a child, one work permit for EACH child???!!!
Such would waste a lot of paper. My home country is seen as very byrocratical by other puti countries, but Phils seem much MORE Smile

To be fair I will have to SPREAD the small jobs between the village kids, who want to earn some extra.

I'm talking about VERY SMALL few HOURS jobs as e g cut some grass, paint a railing, or any such need I can find when some kid want to earn some. If I will have to ask for permit for every time, the kids CAN'T earn some extra money until LONG TIME after they came and asked... Shocked

4TEMPORARY work to minors? Empty Re: TEMPORARY work to minors? Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:17 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Lunkan wrote:Do I have to get WORKING child permit to be allowed to give a SMALL* jobs to a child, one work permit for EACH child???!!!
Such would waste a lot of paper.  My home country is seen as very byrocratical by other puti countries, but Phils seem much MORE  Smile  

To be fair I will have to SPREAD the small jobs between the village kids, who want to earn some extra.

I'm talking about VERY SMALL few HOURS jobs as e g cut some grass, paint a railing, or any such need I can find when some kid want to earn some.  If I will have to ask for permit for every time, the kids CAN'T earn some extra money until LONG TIME after they came and asked...  Shocked

If by small work you mean menial, simple and such similar household type, then probably they won't need a WCP.

If you are unsure with the replies given here, I suggest you visit the Department of Labor, and the Department of Social Welfare, to get the answers you need.

http://www.councilviews.com

5TEMPORARY work to minors? Empty Re: TEMPORARY work to minors? Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:16 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

ok.
Almost never household, but small jobs kids can do in garden or small repairs as painting. Perhaps deliver or fetch something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum