Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Different last name by choice

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Different last name by choice Empty Different last name by choice Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:45 am

thina

Arresto Menor

Good day, just want to ask f how can I change my last name. When my mom gave birth, my parents decide to use a shorter last name for my elder sister and i. (mahirap daw kc ipronounce s school) I know that this is odd so what my mom did is to secure affidabit for us and I am using the long last name for school records. Wen its time to get SSS, the last name that I register is the shorter which shows on my birth certificate. My parents last name that was on my birth cert is of course the short last name as well but what they are using is the long last name. Is it still posible to have it change to real last name which is the longer one.? Im afraid I dont have much resources of funds f this will cost much. I only have voters ID with my real last name and other ID's hve the last name on my birth certfcte. Thanks much. :-D

2Different last name by choice Empty Re: Different last name by choice Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Filia

Filia
Reclusion Perpetua

You can go to the LCR if they could consider you case as mere typographical error. You bring your parents birth certificate. Do not bring anything that shows your shortened surname. If its not a typo error, you have to go to court. File a petition for change of name. After everything, you can change all your documents, IDs etc to your real last name.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum