Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

financial support

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1financial support Empty financial support Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:55 pm

plapla

Arresto Menor

Married with 2 sons aged 20 and 19 years old. My husband don't give financial support he is an ofw. Last august, 2014 we need to rent a house. I ask my son to ask his father to help us in the rent for an apartment. His father like only to give 10k a month. That is the only support he wants to give. Starting April 2015 he did not give his share for the rent. I know as his family we have the right to have financial support as long as we are married. If I will seek legal help and the court will be in favor of me what will happened if he refuse to give financial support? What will be his punishment?

2financial support Empty Re: financial support Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:25 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

Do you have work?

Under the law, both the mother and father have the obligations to provide financial support to the family, not just the father.

About your children, they are entitled to financial support from parents for their living, education and medical expenses. Considering they are no longer minors, they can still be entitled support until they finish their studies (university/college).

If the father is also not giving support for the education of your children, the following are your options:

1. Violation of R.A. 9262 (Anti-Violence against Women and their Children) - This is a criminal case and the penalty includes imprisonment and fine.

2. Petition for Child Support - civil case; The court will fix the reasonable amount of support depending on the needs of the children and the capacity of the father to provide support.

regards,
Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

3financial support Empty financial support Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:52 pm

plapla

Arresto Menor

Hi ms Katrina

I'm a working mother.  My husband is bases in Singapore he work there for almost 8 years. If ever I file a case of financial support. Paano siya mauutusan ng court n magbigay ng support if he is not here. Please give me advice how can I get financial support from him.

Thank u

4financial support Empty Re: financial support Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:34 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Does he own properties under his name that is not part of your conjugal properties?

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

5financial support Empty Re: financial support Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:39 pm

plapla

Arresto Menor

He doesnt own anything

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum