Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Libel Libel

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Libel Libel Empty Libel Libel Fri May 29, 2015 3:38 pm

Phileas Fogg

Arresto Menor

I find myself in a situation where a jealous, indeed insane, business rival is defaming me and my business whilst libeling me with statements that I am a thief whilst itemising particular crimes that he claims I have committed, he is posting these writings on his facebook page.

I do have some knowledge, albeit internationally, of libel laws, it is internationally recognised that an electronic (cyber) crime is considered to have been committed at the point it was transmitted and the point it was received. I did perform a search of this forum before posting and I read something that agrees with my interpretation of that law.

Internationally, in my experience, one would need to seize and examine his internet capable electronic device(s) to determine, beyond reasonable doubt, that he committed these crimes and his facebook account wasn't hacked etc. but I've read on this forum suggestion that mere screenshots might satify the courts.

So please may I ask two questions:

1. Can I file against the offender in my location and is this a matter I first take up with my Barangay Captain, the police or an attorney?, and:

2. It is necessary to seize his internet electronic device(s) or will screenshots be sufficient to satisfy the courts?

Thanks in advance

2Libel Libel Empty Re: Libel Libel Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:08 am

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

1. Can I file against the offender in my location and is this a matter I first take up with my Barangay Captain, the police or an attorney?, and:

2. It is necessary to seize his internet electronic device(s) or will screenshots be sufficient to satisfy the courts?

1. yes,go to the barangay who has jurisdiction.
2. u need legal, search warrant for example, before u can get hold of any of his properties,
screenshoots can be used, but not enough i think.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum