Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

TAKING MY FIANCE'S SURNAME

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TAKING MY FIANCE'S SURNAME Empty TAKING MY FIANCE'S SURNAME Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:37 am

raleigh119

Arresto Menor

Good day,

I'm a 28 year old OFW. Me and my girlfriend are planning to marry next year. I came from a big family with 4 brothers and 2 sisters. My girlfriend is an only child.

We have decided that I must take her last name so that her surname won't die out. What is the legal remedy for this?

I have a friend, a law student and he told me that this is not possible in the family code? Is this true? If the wife can take the husbands name, surely the husband must be able to take her wife's name.

I hope you can help me with my concern.

Thanks!

2TAKING MY FIANCE'S SURNAME Empty Re: TAKING MY FIANCE'S SURNAME Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:23 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

Under the Family Code, only the wife can change her surname once married to the surname of the husband. There is no option for the husband to use the surname of the wife under Philippine law.

Best regards,
Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum