Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illegal Termination

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Illegal Termination Empty Illegal Termination Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:46 am

ms.mau

Arresto Menor

good day atty. i need legal advise from the case of my boyfriend whos an ofw from dubai. hes been there last year aug.15 and had his 6month probationary period last feb15.
hes a game attendant from an amusement company.

heres what happened..

last aug19, the municipality came to the store to check/inspect the rides' wirings, preventive maintenance and so on. they were 3 on duty. mr. sj (the supervisor) wasnt there, so my boyfriend was the person who received the notice to be signed. when the municipality left the store, he immediately emailed mr. khalid (the owner of the store) then he had copy in mr.sj, ms. lena (manager of the store) for their attention. prior to that, he wasnt on alert that mr. khalid has calling him on phone many times, it was not even in his intention, it just so happen that he was not able to hear the calls made. then after awhile, he received a txt mesg from mr. khalid, saying 'Youre terminated'. then had received an email from ms.lena that hes terminated. then received an email from mr.sj too, telling him to punch out then come home because he had recvd an email from mr.khalid saying he doesnt want to see my bf from his company anymore.

he went home with clueless as to what is the ground for the termination. mr. sj already emailed ms.josie (the owner of his agency) about the incident. then ms. josie had coordinated with mr.khalid.

ms. josie replied back to the email that he was terminated due to the reason of not answering phone calls. atty. this was not even a valid reason for termination.

the incident happened feb19. he was on hang and waiting for the further notice/response from mr. khalid as to what will happen for the next days to come. please take note that after the incident, he has not received a written termination letter. he has on hand only the email and txt mesg that he received that hes terminated. enclosed to that days, ms. josie advised mr. sj and my bf to just make an apology letter thru email for not being able to answer the calls made,just for the incident to be ok. although in refuse, my bf just did but has not received a reply from mr. khalid.

my boyfriend cant just keep on hanging and waiting for nothing so what he did was to seek a legal advise from the consulate of dubai. the person he has talked with advised him to go on work/ report on duty because it was an illegal termination. then come back to him if mr. khalid will tell him to go home.

aug. 24 he went to the store and worked and prior to that has emailed mr. khalid on his attention that he will report on duty. mr khalid has replied to the email the day after he has reported on duty telling him not to go to office without his approval. he replied and asked the reason why, and mr.khalid had replied that he need to learn his lesson.

my bf didnt report on duty yesterday aug. 25. then came to his advisers attention online as to what will do next. he had advised my bf to go to the labour then file a legal complaint.

this incident already been filed as a case and my bf will go back march 15 to the labours office of dubai.

atty. i have questions and i will be glad if you could give me legal advise for what can i do to help my boyfriend in this case.

first, his supervisor mr. sj made some company guidelines/policy on aug. 22 as told by ms.josie the owner of the agency, and one was the policy on answering business calls. it was indicated there that disobeying will have sanctions like first offense, written warning, second, 2weeks suspension etc.. and last was termination.
he had emailed this to my bf and is asked his signature.
should he sign? does he still need it? i was on second thought bec. i told him that they can take it against him bec. he filed the complaint feb. 25. although they gave this also the same day and has made it feb22, but for what is the essense of this guidelines that they are on rush on this to be signed on his part.

second, does he has a chance of winning this case? what will happen next?

third, will he get the placement fee, all his expenses he had invested to his 2yr contract supposedly? his remaining salary from 2yr contract, is there such thing as getting back the total of it?

fourth, any legal advise that i can extend to my boyfriend, dos and donts please that could of help.

where can i go and seek advise too.

thank you in advance atty.

hope you can give me answers to my questions. thank so much and Godbless.

2Illegal Termination Empty Re: Illegal Termination Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:52 am

ms.mau

Arresto Menor

>>>edited<<<

please disregard the first post. there are typo error on dates. thanks

good day atty. i need legal advise from the case of my boyfriend whos an ofw from dubai. hes been there last year aug.15 and had his 6month probationary period last feb15.

heres what happened..

last feb19, the municipality came to the store to check/inspect the rides' wirings, preventive maintenance and so on. they were 3 on duty. mr. sj (the supervisor) wasnt there, so my boyfriend was the person who received the notice to be signed. when the municipality left the store, he immediately emailed mr. khalid (the owner of the store) then he had copy in mr.sj, ms. lena (manager of the store) for their attention. prior to that, he wasnt on alert that mr. khalid has calling him on phone many times, it was not even in his intention, it just so happen that he was not able to hear the calls made. then after awhile, he received a txt mesg from mr. khalid, saying 'Youre terminated'. then had received an email from ms.lena that hes terminated. then received an email from mr.sj too, telling him to punch out then come home because he had recvd an email from mr.khalid saying he doesnt want to see my bf from his company anymore.

he went home with clueless as to what is the ground for the termination. mr. sj already emailed ms.josie (the owner of his agency) about the incident. then ms. josie had coordinated with mr.khalid.

ms. josie replied back to the email that he was terminated due to the reason of not answering phone calls. atty. this was not even a valid reason for termination.

the incident happened feb19. he was on hang and waiting for the further notice/response from mr. khalid as to what will happen for the next days to come. please take note that after the incident, he has not received a written termination letter. he has on hand only the email and txt mesg that he received that hes terminated. enclosed to that days, ms. josie advised mr. sj and my bf to just make an apology letter thru email for not being able to answer the calls made,just for the incident to be ok. although in refuse, my bf just did but has not received a reply from mr. khalid.

my boyfriend cant just keep on hanging and waiting for nothing so what he did was to seek a legal advise from the consulate of dubai. the person he has talked with advised him to go on work/ report on duty because it was an illegal termination. then come back to him if mr. khalid will tell him to go home.

feb. 24 he went to the store and worked and prior to that has emailed mr. khalid on his attention that he will report on duty. mr khalid has replied to the email the day after he has reported on duty telling him not to go to office without his approval. he replied and asked the reason why, and mr.khalid had replied that he need to learn his lesson.

my bf didnt report on duty yesterday feb. 25. then came to his advisers attention online as to what will do next. he had advised my bf to go to the labour then file a legal complaint.

this incident already been filed as a case and my bf will go back march 15 to the labours office of dubai.

atty. i have questions and i will be glad if you could give me legal advise for what can i do to help my boyfriend in this case.

first, his supervisor mr. sj made some company guidelines/policy on feb. 22 as told by ms.josie the owner of the agency, and one was the policy on answering business calls. it was indicated there that disobeying will have sanctions like first offense, written warning, second, 2weeks suspension etc.. and last was termination.
should he sign? does he still need it? i was on second thought bec. i told him that they can take it against him bec. he filed the complaint feb. 25. although they gave this also the same day and has made it feb22, but for what is the essense of this guidelines that they are on rush on this to be signed on his part.

third, will he get the placement fee, all his expenses he had invested to his 2yr contract supposedly? his remaining salary from 2yr contract, is there such thing as getting back the total of it?

fourth, any legal advise that i can extend to my boyfriend, dos and donts please that could of help.

3Illegal Termination Empty Re: Illegal Termination Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:54 am

ms.mau

Arresto Menor

>>>edited<<<

please disregard the first post. there are typo error on dates. thanks

heres what happened..

last feb19, the municipality came to the store to check/inspect the rides' wirings, preventive maintenance and so on. they were 3 on duty. mr. sj (the supervisor) wasnt there, so my boyfriend was the person who received the notice to be signed. when the municipality left the store, he immediately emailed mr. khalid (the owner of the store) then he had copy in mr.sj, ms. lena (manager of the store) for their attention. prior to that, he wasnt on alert that mr. khalid has calling him on phone many times, it was not even in his intention, it just so happen that he was not able to hear the calls made. then after awhile, he received a txt mesg from mr. khalid, saying 'Youre terminated'. then had received an email from ms.lena that hes terminated. then received an email from mr.sj too, telling him to punch out then come home because he had recvd an email from mr.khalid saying he doesnt want to see my bf from his company anymore.

feb. 24 he went to the store and worked and prior to that has emailed mr. khalid on his attention that he will report on duty. mr khalid has replied to the email the day after he has reported on duty telling him not to go to office without his approval. he replied and asked the reason why, and mr.khalid had replied that he need to learn his lesson.

my bf didnt report on duty yesterday feb. 25. then came to his advisers attention online as to what will do next. he had advised my bf to go to the labour then file a legal complaint.

first, his supervisor mr. sj made some company guidelines/policy on feb. 22 as told by ms.josie the owner of the agency, and one was the policy on answering business calls. it was indicated there that disobeying will have sanctions like first offense, written warning, second, 2weeks suspension etc.. and last was termination.

4Illegal Termination Empty Re: Illegal Termination Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:18 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

can't do much from here since that is a matter of UAE employment law.

He has filed his complaint and all he has to do is proceed with the hearing.

http://www.councilviews.com

5Illegal Termination Empty Re: Illegal Termination Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:56 am

ms.mau

Arresto Menor

ok atty thanks. but how about my first question? maybe you could give me an advice whether he'll sign or not?

and the fourth one, where can i go and seek advice too here in our country? thanks so much.

6Illegal Termination Empty Re: Illegal Termination Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:01 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

ms.mau wrote:ok atty thanks. but how about my first question? maybe you could give me an advice whether he'll sign or not?

and the fourth one, where can i go and seek advice too here in our country? thanks so much.

kung tinanggal sya o hindi pinapasok before lumabas yung guidelines/policy, hindi nya kailangan pumirma.

You can try to find a lawyer here who is an expert on UAE employment law, pero malamang hindi yan libre para kumonsulta.

http://www.councilviews.com

7Illegal Termination Empty Re: Illegal Termination Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:55 am

ms.mau

Arresto Menor

thanks atty. i hope you dont mind and will allow me to post some questions also about his agency nman. i believe there are some irregularities on their rules but i need to know further. but then again, thanks for the attention and advice for now. have a nice day. thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum