Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this an illegal termination?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is this an illegal termination? Empty Is this an illegal termination? Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:25 pm

esl_teacher

Arresto Menor

My friend has been working for a certain company for almost a year now. He's about to become a regular employee next month but then he was informed that one of the accounts is going to pull out his students, (he's an ESL instructor) and that certain account told his company not to transfer him in other accounts. Evil or Very Mad

It's like this (all names are examples):

Company: Teach Me English Inc.
Accounts:
Talk English
English Time
Explore English
Happy Learner

So basically it's like a BPO with many accounts. Let's say he was assigned to handle the students for Talk English. Talk English is pretty strict so the teachers in that account cannot handle other accounts, like English Time or Explore English.

Here's the thing, Talk English is also a company here in the Philippines. Since they don't have enough teachers, they give some of their students to Teach Me English Inc., where my friend is currently working. Unfortunately, he worked for Talk English before and they didn't renew his contract. Evil or Very Mad

The bosses from Talk English, informed Teach Me English Inc. that they are going to pull out my friend's students and give it to their own employees instead. Talk English also informed my friend's company that he cannot switch to other accounts, like Explore English. (Is that okay? Do they have the right to order his company not to switch him into another account? I mean he's not hired by Talk English. His company is Teach Me English Inc. and he's just handling the students of one of his company's accounts.) So it's like they, Talk English, want him to be terminated. Please bear in mind that all of this stuff was relayed to him TODAY. Mad

A few weeks ago, he was told that he won't continue working in the company next month, November. My friend asked them for an explanation and of course, reconsideration. His company said that his performance is poor and he has bad attendance. The thing is, they don't have evaluations for the employees to determine their work performance. That bad attendance that they told him was based on his ONE absence. He told them the exact same things so the company gave him another month, supposedly the whole month of November. (Maybe they got scared because their grounds for termination have no proof. Twisted Evil) Then his manager talked to him today, informing him of those things I mentioned earlier.

He was given a contract by the HR head who is not working for his company anymore. The company is under a new management now and all of the employees don't have new contracts. His old one was a contractual contract. I think the contract already ended but he still kept working for the company. Now, he doesn't have a new contract. What should he do? Is this a wrongful termination? HELP PLEASE! Sad

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum