Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Company Absenteeism

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Company Absenteeism  Empty Company Absenteeism Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:34 pm

bloodlust_allen

Arresto Menor

I am currently working in a private company that is in the instructions and skills development field.
I noticed that the rules and regulation of the company says that if an employee is absent then the "no-work-no-pay" policy applies and an additional penalty of 500 pesos which is deducted from the salary.
as an example:
employee A is a contractual employee who incurred 2 absences within a payday and she has a daily rate of 400 pesos a day

on her pay day she will have a 1800 deduction in her salary
500X2 days - Penalty
400X2 days - No work no pay policy

I want to point it out to my supervisor with the legal provisions and specific law that covers these areas.
Thank you!

2Company Absenteeism  Empty Re: Company Absenteeism Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:20 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

bloodlust_allen wrote:I am currently working in a private company that is in the instructions and skills development field.
I noticed that the rules and regulation of the company says that if an employee is absent then the "no-work-no-pay" policy applies and an additional penalty of 500 pesos which is deducted from the salary.
as an example:
employee A is a contractual employee who incurred 2 absences within a payday and she has a daily rate of 400 pesos a day

on her pay day she will have a 1800 deduction in her salary
500X2 days - Penalty
400X2 days - No work no pay policy

I want to point it out to my supervisor with the legal provisions and specific law that covers these areas.
Thank you!

Generally this is not allowed.

But we need to find out:
1. Is that in your contract?
2. Did you sign any document agreeing to this type of deduction?

http://www.councilviews.com

3Company Absenteeism  Empty Re: Company Absenteeism Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:29 pm

bloodlust_allen

Arresto Menor

temporary working contract
yes I signed an attached rules and regulations pages but it is not directly stated in the contract

I want to know if it is possible to deduct such according to the law or is it even legal to draft such rules

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum