Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Promissory Note

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Promissory Note Empty Promissory Note Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:41 pm

half_lord

Arresto Menor

Greetings Attorney! I am having problem with the collection of a certain sum of money from a promissory note. I have read a few queries regarding promissory notes on this site yet I still have few things in mind that need clarification. These are as follows:

1. How many demand letters should be sent before a FINAL demand letter?
2. How can I prove that these (demand letters) have been sent? (aside from registered mail)I think it is easier for me if I just hand the letter directly to the debtor's place. I am asking this because the debtor may claim that she has not received any demand letter.
3. Will a promissory note, a few deposit slips to her account (the deposit slips i kept does not comprise the total amount i need to collect though)and a bunch of text messages stand in court?
4. The debtor does not have the slightest idea that i intend to bring this issue to court. I can still have her sign a Trust Receipt Agreement or will the promissory note I have and few other evidences i just mentioned suffice?

Thank you very much...

Loneshark

2Promissory Note Empty Re: Promissory Note Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:15 pm

attyLLL

1) it depends on you. you can send a Final one immediately. the first one already has legal effect

2) have them sign on an extra copy. if by mail, use a return card

3) the note is the best evidence of indebtedness

4) i find the practice of having a debtor sign a trust receipt agreement to be foul because it does not reflect the truth behind the transaction. the note is sufficient.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum