Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seize possession for unpaid rent

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Seize possession for unpaid rent Empty Seize possession for unpaid rent Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:47 pm

mabel.ramos38

Arresto Menor

Ask ko lng, i have a concern, may unpaid rent ako sa mayari, nakakapagbigay nmn ako lately. but unfortunately, i will be transferrred to another site location. but the owner is holding my transfer since may outstanding pako. if i leave, they threatened me na hindi nila ako paalisin hangang makakuha sila ng gamit ko.. can they seize my personal belngings to pay off for my rent? if the landlord decided to force harass me when i leave the house, can i file a complaint against them?

2Seize possession for unpaid rent Empty Re: Seize possession for unpaid rent Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:19 am

karl rove

karl rove
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, the Supreme Court in the case of Albenson Ent. Corp vs. CA, January 11, 1993 in GR # 88694 ruled that in cases like this civil damages could be awarded against the landlord for the act of said landlord violate Article 19 of the civil code.

You can file a civil case for damages.

If the landlord, harassed you or coerced you from leaving, a criminal case for coercion (grave or light) could be filed depending the circumstances.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum