Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adoption of Minors by their grandparents

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Adoption of Minors by their grandparents Empty Adoption of Minors by their grandparents Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:23 pm

stitch05

Arresto Menor

Hi!

I have 2 kids out of wedlock when I was a 17 and 19.  The biological father was and still is financially incompetent.  Their paternal grandparents decided that it is best if they will adopt my sons because they can be easily petitioned to go to Canada as immigrants.  Father's siblings are Canadian Citizens.

Adoption process started 2004 when kids were 7 and 5.  After 10 years their adoption has been granted. Their papers are now being processed in Canada for immigrants.

Now, im at a lost.  I usually include them as my beneficiaies and dependent in all my applications.  Like SSS,  BIr, Philhealth, or Visa Application, etc.

Is it ok to leave them as part of my status? or no longer allowed since they are technically not my kids anymore.

What else are the implications of these to me and my kids and to my other kids from my husband.

I am not aware of any legalities as they do not give me any update.

Hope to find answers! Thanks!

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

You cannot anymore include them as your dependents kasi in the eyes of the law, hindi na ikaw ang magulang.

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum