Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Local Legislation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Local Legislation Empty Local Legislation Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:23 am

Legislator

Arresto Menor

I am member of a local council, my co-member sponsored a resolution authorizing our vice mayor to represent our municipality to enter into contract regarding the utilization of a private property as a motor pool of our municipality's owned vehicles and other equipment properties, where the owner of said property is the family of our mayor, under the law she is not allowed to exercise her duty to represent our local government because of conflict of interest, so here are the queries
1. Is it lawfully allowed to TRANSFER the sole authority of a chief executive to represent our local government to any local official such as vice Mayor or any member of local council?
2.This issue is not the first time we had been debating, in the past administration the majority member of our council passed and approved the said similar proposition which the provincial board did not affirm because of the reason that the sole authority of chief executive is not transferable, the question is.. is it still appropriate to use as reference the decision of provincial board? despite the member of present board is not the persons who decided not to affirm the said proposition.
any opinion will be highly appreciated thank you

2Local Legislation Empty Re: Local Legislation Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:19 pm

attyLLL

i'm afraid i am not competent to answer this question. i recommend you direct your query to the dilg.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum