Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monetary Liabilities after Resignation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Monetary Liabilities after Resignation Empty Monetary Liabilities after Resignation Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:43 pm

leafygreens

Arresto Menor

I worked for an NGO for 4 and a half years, with no contract, no overtime pay, and no salary increase. It became part of my job to handle everyday petty cash expenses and incoming donations and other income and record everything in the accounting excel file. I also had to have the income deposited in to the ngo ' s bank account.

But most of the time the money would be used for other expenses and disbursements outside of my jurisdiction because we are undermanned, no time for signatories to withdraw money etc. Some would be recorded some not. The setup is very informal and disorganized.

I resigned on December 2013 because my salary wasn't enough anymore for my family's needs and I was declined a raise even after 4 years of working without one.

Then on September this year (2014) I received a letter from the ngo ' s lawyer asking me to dispute the accountant and auditor's reports that gave me more than half a million ' s worth of "unaccounted for" amount for 2012 and a small amount for 2013. I was given 10 days to dispute it otherwise it is automatically assumed that the accountant's report was true and I had to pay up.

I replied and said there must have been some mistake because I didn't take such an amount and there must have been an error either in the accounting itself or in the records.

Now, almost a year after resigning, they are making me review the entire 2012 and 2013 accounting files receipts and other documents. I am working full time and tending to 3 more jobs and they are demanding that I either come up with the half a million ' s worth of expenses or pay up.

All of the documents and files are with them and I noticed when I started to review the receipts (which takes hours every day) some of them are missing. Some files for an entire month are missing.

How do I even review the whole accounting if the supporting documents are not even there? Is the whole process legal and valid?

2Monetary Liabilities after Resignation Empty Re: Monetary Liabilities after Resignation Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:30 pm

attyLLL

if they have proof of your receipt of the funds, then best to find a way to account for those funds.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum