Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

common law wife rights...insights please..

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

maeboom

Arresto Menor

hi
good eve,
to start with, i have a partner for ten years already, we are not yet married. He 30 and i am 27, we dont have a living child since my pregnancy laxt year turned out to be ectopic. He is a POI here in the philippines and he impregnated someone else, well the girl is aying that he is the father but he really is not totally sure about it. The girls threathens to sue him if he wont marry him, and my partner doesn't like to marry him but he is afraid that he might bedismissed from the service. What are the governing laws of PNP regarding this case? and as a common law wife do i have a say about this matter? we are notbreaking up..we have planned to get marry january next year. Can you and will you please give me an insight about this matter?can the girl force my partner to marry her because she is pregnant and he is a police officer? what are the cases that the girl can file against him that will be a cause for his dismissal from service? please help me with this,the girl is 25.
To add with..my partner is in the service because of me. He wont even make it out of college if not because of me. please give me insights about this.

hoping and thanking you in advance for your reply

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

The girl cannot force your partner to marry her just because she is pregnant. She can ask for support and that’s all.

maeboom

Arresto Menor

are there really cases that she can file that can be a ground for my partner's dismissalfrom service?

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

He is not married to you yet, therfore he is not breaking any law or doing any administrative case with civil service as a police officer. If he is married to you and he had an affair, then you can sue him and he could face disciplinary administrative.

check this out: http://cscro6.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/rraccs-complete.pdf

maeboom

Arresto Menor

hi..tnx for the replies

i don't have plans to sue him. that is out of the question. what i wanna know if are there cases that the girl can file against him that will be a valid and solid grounds for his dismissal from service? and can that woman make him marry her because she is claiming that she is pregnan and he is the father?

will wait for your response..
thanx in advance!

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

maeboom wrote:hi..tnx for the replies

i don't have plans to sue him. that is out of the question. what i wanna know if are there cases that the girl can file against him that will be a valid and solid grounds for his dismissal from service? and can that woman make him marry her because she is claiming that she is pregnan and he is the father?

will wait for your response..
thanx in advance!

I am not saying you wanted to sue him I am just using it as an example and to inform you that she cannot forced him to marry her and she cannot have him dismmissed but he need to give support/maintenance to her child.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum