Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

complicated situation. need advice.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1complicated situation. need advice. Empty complicated situation. need advice. Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:15 pm

jadem

Arresto Menor

my former employer used to give 15 days of vacation leave to all regular employees each year regardless of when an employee becomes regular. However just last year there was a memo regarding a new rule of computiting the number of VL for newly regularized employees depending on the month of regularization: if one becomes regular in the mid of the year, that means he/she gets less days for vacation leave. I became a regular employee on Nov 22, 2013 which automatically gave me 15 days of Vl. I was already in the middle of my leave when i was suddenly called up and informed that due to a new memo, I was only entitled to ONE day VL for the year 2013 and I was made to choose whether i wanted to consume my 15 days and only get one VL for 2014 or go back to work and subtract the number of VL days I had already used as advance for my VL for 2014. I used up 10 days last year leaving me this only 6 days (5days remaining after subtracting 10days causw i used it up last year + 1day= Alleged VL i am entitled to) of VL.
Before I resigned I clarified the matter again since the employees from other departments who became regular employees along with me were given 15 days of VL last year. When the HR knew of it, they said they will take back the given VL. However after my resignation they said there was a new memo l, entitling those who became regular last year to the full 15days of VL regardless of the month of regilarization. I find this unfair on my part because they forced me to work when I was enjoying my VL, and when I clarified they told me that was the rule though the other employees enjoyed the full 15 days. And now that I am gone they turn the situation around. Am I not entitled to the 15 days that I earned while I was emplyed?

Thank you.

2complicated situation. need advice. Empty Re: complicated situation. need advice. Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:43 am

attyLLL

there may be merit in your argument. file a complaint at dole for money claim.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3complicated situation. need advice. Empty Re: complicated situation. need advice. Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:53 am

jadem

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much for your response.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum