Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Complicated Situation...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Complicated Situation... Empty Complicated Situation... Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:51 pm

iria

Arresto Menor

I am married with a Japanese national but the relationship get's sour since 2015 up to now. We still live together but not as a couple but just 2 person living under the same roof. I have a new boyfriend now and got pregnant by him and ask my husband to have a divorce here in Japan this coming march. He doesn't know about the affair and the child and I'm planning to give birth in the Philippines.
My question is even if I got divorced in Japan, and apply for recognition of foreign divorce decree in the Philippines, will the child be named after my husband? I know the process of recognition of foreign divorce decree will be a long one but I want the child's surname to be in my maiden name coz at the time of the birth my husband will have nothing to do with me anymore and the child is not his anyway. What can I do to make it under my maiden name?  What is the best option I have for the baby to not have the surname of my husband? Please help me I need to have some information before I made another mistake. Thank you very much...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum