Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Violation of RA 8484

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Violation of RA 8484 Empty Violation of RA 8484 Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:38 am

curiousguy24

Arresto Menor

Hi! I have the same name with my father, and I plan to use his credit card as reference to my application for another credit card. I'd like to ask, since there's a low probability that my father will report this situation as fraud, can the bank sue me (violation of RA8484) if they found out during verification of my application that I did use his information? I guess no one will know that I used his name for application, unless someone reports it right? That would cost more for the bank I guess if they sue me. I have no intentions of using his name to put him in negative credit standing. I just want to expedite my credit card application process. Once I have a credit card under my name, I'll no longer use his name.

Thanks!

2Violation of RA 8484 Empty Re: Violation of RA 8484 Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:47 am

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Even you have the same name, the bank will find out about it because of his birth information from the other bank records on his application and your present application. Between banks they have a way to verify it, if you use his credit card as your reference and the bank found out about it, you can get sued for fraud! Don't assume they will not sue you because it will be you, who will pay the penalty not them!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum