Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lawbook material: Original or Photocopy..?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lawbook material: Original or Photocopy..? Empty Lawbook material: Original or Photocopy..? Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:47 am

vanix_conjade

Arresto Menor

Hi All,
Good day to everyone.

I just have this concern.

I noticed in my lawschool that almost everyone is using books in a photocopied form. Only few are using original books or some don't even have a book. Our teacher/professor did not even give any attention to it or even asked.

I went to the source store and see to my dismay, the huge piles of photocopied law books ready for sale. I was really disheartened to think about the kind of respect that we have been showing to our beloved authors who wholeheartedly shared their wisdom and knowledge on the law.. yet most of us don't give what they deserve. They kept on revising for new editions only to be photocopied at the end... what a shame..

Aspiring lawyers are studying diligently to become future defenders of the law, but isnt it an irony that we have already crossed the lines of copyright law right before we start reading...? I believe something is not right here.

We have always been on the 'taking' side on what our authors have been saying/giviing, so it is only rightful then that we give accordingly. =) Buy original books, it is durable and really comfortable & great to read. Pray for their good health that they may continue to provide what we need. =)

At least, if we really love to become lawyers then I believe it is only right to invest in it. A real investment where returns are immeasurable. =) An investment started within the bounds of law. =)

Note to all who read this:
This is a message to law students only. I am not cursing anyone be he/she is poor or rich. My intent is only to show to all what is my view on the matter. =)

Thank you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum