Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obtaining Marriage License

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Obtaining Marriage License Empty Obtaining Marriage License Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:48 pm

The_Expat

Arresto Menor

Hi, I am planning to marry my Fiancee (Filipino National), next november.

We have been looking at the requirements for documents etc, most seem straightforward. But i have one problem with my documents.

My Surname was changed when i was was younger and now all but one of my documents show the same surname.

My Birth Certificate has a different surname to everything else, are there any other legalised documents i could provide to support the change of name.

Thank you

2Obtaining Marriage License Empty Re: Obtaining Marriage License Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:55 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

The_Expat wrote:Hi, I am planning to marry my Fiancee (Filipino National), next november.

We have been looking at the requirements for documents etc, most seem straightforward. But i have one problem with my documents.

My Surname was changed when i was was younger and now all but one of my documents show the same surname.

My Birth Certificate has a different surname to everything else, are there any other legalised documents i could provide to support the change of name.

Thank you

provide the documents the will support the legal process of the change. im sure sure that there is an court approval on that one, right?

3Obtaining Marriage License Empty Re: Obtaining Marriage License Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:17 am

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Do you have Passport!

4Obtaining Marriage License Empty Re: Obtaining Marriage License Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:11 pm

The_Expat

Arresto Menor

Hi, Yes I have a passport 5 years validity left.

I have a what we call in the UK a statutory declaration to support the name change, but I am not sure if this would be accepted in the Philippines.

Neither myself or my fiancée are resident in the Philippines. We both live in the overseas and are planning to make visit soon to arrange the paper work to apply for the marriage license. WE plan to marry 3 months after applying for marriage license.

I am planning to provide the following :-
* Birth Certificate, Certified by FCO UK and legalised at the Philippines embassy in London
* Affidavit to support change of name, Certified by FCO UK and legalised at the Philippines embassy in London
* Affidavit to certify I am free to marry, this will be prepared in Abu Dhabi and stamped signed by the UK Embassy in AD, This will also be counter signed by the UK Embassy in Manila
* My baptism certificate

I just hope this is enough as I do not want to make a return trip to the Philippines finalising paperwork

5Obtaining Marriage License Empty Re: Obtaining Marriage License Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:24 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

That should be enough! Frankly speaking for a foreigner passport is enough as an identification, only Filipino requires birth certificate simply because if they don't travel they need to produce the birth certificate. In order to apply for a passport it needs birth certificate, so passport is pretty much depending on birth certificate details and so as when you change your name. So you shouldn't have any trouble with all the identification you have. Why not marry her under British law? At the British Embassy, this will be easier for you to ensure hassle free because they need to verify the authentication of your free to marry certification and it does take time for Philippine Embassy to verify this, just forward the marriage certificate at the Philippine Embassy.

6Obtaining Marriage License Empty Re: Obtaining Marriage License Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:10 am

The_Expat

Arresto Menor

I was under the impression thati provident affidavit and other Id etc, I do not need to verify this at the Philippine embassy.

I obtain my affidavit at the British embasy in Manila. Then take this to the marraige office for application for the marriage license.

This is what I have been advised.

We want a church wedding so in a embassy is not an option

7Obtaining Marriage License Empty Re: Obtaining Marriage License Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:48 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

If that is the case, then your documents are sufficient enough!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum