Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to file a libel case agains someone abroad?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jaime_talaugon

Arresto Menor

Good day everyone...
I would like to ask your assistance concerning in how to file a case against someone using defamatory and libelous remarks against me using the Facebook.. I really need your help since it is destroying my reputation and name.. she is saying nasty stuff like wh*re and sl*t and bit*h.. making an account of me with nasty information and photos.. I have scrrenshots on eveything he had made and saved all her messages..
pls. help me...
Can I also ask the help of the public attorneys office if I'm going to pursue a case.. I really donth have the means to hire a private lawyer.. Pls help me..

attyLLL

your first remedy is to report the matter to facebook using their internal reporting system. have your friends try to do so also. hopefully, fb will remove the posts.

what proof do you have that the person you suspect is the actual person making the posts?

transnational internet libel is one of the new frontiers in libel law. does the person you suspect even have a philippine address?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

jaime_talaugon

Arresto Menor

[quote="attyLLL"]your first remedy is to report the matter to facebook using their internal reporting system. have your friends try to do so also. hopefully, fb will remove the posts.

what proof do you have that the person you suspect is the actual person making the posts?

transnational internet libel is one of the new frontiers in libel law. does the person you suspect even have a philippine address?[/quote

Good day Atty.. I already reported it but until now it is still there..even my friends are already defending me because she added them into her fake account and made offensive comments.

Atty...She used my name blatantly on her profile and in the fake account.. I was able to save a screenshot on her profile posting a picture of me with nasty information and remarks then I also saved all the screen shots that she made on the fake account with offensive remarks.. with all the nasty comments and remarks.. I was able to save all post and messages that will link her account to the fake account.. thus implying that she was the one who made the fake account and she sent me private messages pertaining the account that she will not stop and she threaten me also.. she also said that what she did would only be a libel if a lawsuit is filed against her.. she really was challenging me to do so..
Atty could you give me a detail of what to do with regards to this transnational internet.. is there a website for this? would this cost me if I pursue.. honestly.. I'm still looking for a job.. Pls. help me.. Thank you and more power

attyLLL

for the picture on her account, you have a good ground. for the fake account, implication will not be enough.

keep barraging facebook with reports.

where is this person? you can file a complaint here, but it will be very difficult to bring the other person within philippine jurisdiction even if the case were to prosper.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum