Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Redundancy vs. resignation pay

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Redundancy vs. resignation pay Empty Redundancy vs. resignation pay Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:38 pm

jaypee16

Arresto Menor

Dear Sirs/Madams,

I was given an international assignment abroad, but due to the change of responsibilities and scope of work, I was asked to go back to my mother company here in the Philippines. However, upon my return, the company told me that there are no vacant positions available for me and all managerial positions are fully occupied. Also, my previous position which I hold before going abroad is no longer available. Because of such reasons, they asked me to resign. With this scenario, can I ask for a redundancy pay? They are only offering me a resignation pay which in our policy is 100% lower compared to redundancy.

I need your advice on this.

jaypee

2Redundancy vs. resignation pay Empty Re: Redundancy vs. resignation pay Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:39 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

What does your contract say regarding returning from your overseas assignment?

Don't resign.

At the very least dapat bigyan ka ng redundancy (separation) pay.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Redundancy vs. resignation pay Empty Re: Redundancy vs. resignation pay Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:06 pm

jaypee16

Arresto Menor

The repatriation contract is telling that I have to report with our local HR in Philippines, and that they will look for possible positions or opportunities for me.

Thank you for the advice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum