Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

URGENT !!!!NEED YOUR ADVISE: RECENT DEATH OF MY FATHER,WILL IT WAIVE DELAYED/UNPAID RENTAL FEES OF A LEASED PROPERTY AND CAR LOAN?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

maestrotanny

Arresto Menor

Hi. I would like to seek for legal advise re my father's recent death, if all his liabilities and debts in our company can be waived, just as the same treatment for a house loan or car loan?
We own a family corp that has been leasing a space for four years now. and recently, we were delayed in paying for around 4 mos due the confinement and death of my father. We were in great shock when we found out that the management of the commercial building issued almost half a million.
In some point, we were caught unprepared and most of all, we want to question the following concerns are really legal and permitted to implement by all lessors to have a :
- 3% DAILY interest and charges for delayed payment until full payment has been made
- submeter for aircon and a separate charge of electricity per square meter  for the space , NO MERALCO bills presented. They just issue their own monthly computation for the electricity. (NOTE: This was not in the contract, it was only stated that the LESEE is responsible to pay for the electricity and utility bills)
- we are not a restaurant but they charge us around 7,200  for the CUSA monthly which is separate from the computed monthly electricity consumption

We are not a big company and because of the recent death of my father, all the surviving heirs were really caught unprepared, but it seems that they are OVER charged us.
Can we really question them re this and is there any law that cover and protect the surviving heirs from all the liabilities of a death of a Bread winner or head of the family or President of a family corp? Especially for a car loan made by the deceased and a leased property by a family corp headed by the deceased?
We want to settle and meet them halfway, because the only main source of our income is our company. But they recently temporarily closed it because our delayed payments. We understand their rules and regulations but somehow, we want to know what they are imposing are legal and justifiable for a lessee like us, as mentioned above? They are suggesting us to write a proposal on how we can pay them but we need to know whether at some point we can be fully or partial released from any liability that my father made when he was still alive especially with the unpaid monthly dues of our leased property in a commercial area.
Many thanks and looking forward to your soonest advise as we will be having a meeting later with them.
God bless and more power to you all!

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

check if the car loan has mortgage redemption insurance. kung meron, considered fully paid na yung loan. kung wala, check kung pwede kayong magkaroon ng arrangement na kayo na ang magtutuloy ng bayad at maipangalan na sa inyo ang sasakyan.

sa lease, check nyo yung contract. pwede kayong magpunta sa barangay para pagusapan yung interest. kung di kayo magkasundo sa interest, pwede kayong pumunta sa korte. courts have the power to reduce the interest rates for being inequitous.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum