Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breach of Contract

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Breach of Contract Empty Breach of Contract Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:08 pm

giekuletz

Arresto Menor

Hi, I signed a 4-year contract relative to the Financial educational assistance granted to me for the Board review. It is stipulated there that if I passed the Board, the expenses plus any liquidated damages I incurred during the review will be free but I have to stay for 4 years. In case that I will not finished the lock in period, I have to pay the expenses plus liquidated damages. I signed the contract after I passed the board, not the time I started going to review school, and the contract was not yet notarized. My question is, when will the effectivity of the contract takes effect?...Is it the signing date or the date it is supposed to be notarized?..Another question is, what does the clause "any liquidated damages" means?, What charges would they charged me...

I hope you can help me...Thank you and more powers.

2Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:13 pm

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

the contract took effect when you signed it.

3Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:46 pm

giekuletz

Arresto Menor

does being not notarized affects the validity of the contract?

4Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:51 pm

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

notarization is for the purpose of binding third persons. as between you and your employer, the contract is valid the moment you signed it.

5Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:04 pm

giekuletz

Arresto Menor

regarding the clause "plus any liquidated damages", as stipulated in the contract, what monetary charges could they charged against me, aside from the agreed review expenses and the salary I received during the review period in which I am not going to work.

6Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:29 pm

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

liquidated damages are those agreed upon by the parties. tingnan mo sa contract kung may nakasulat na amount.

7Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:47 pm

giekuletz

Arresto Menor

wala pong amount na nakasulat, ang napag-usapan po nmin ay yung compensation na tinatanggap ko habang nagrereview ako na hindi ako pumapasok sa trabaho, ang nakalagay lang po sa contract ay yung clause na "any liquidated damages"

8Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:55 pm

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

kung walang nakasulat na amount, actual damages ang pwedeng ipabayad sayo. pero unlike liquidated damages (which may be demanded even without proof) kailangan ng proof ng actual damages. kaya wag ka basta-basta magbabayad ng wala silang evidences ng actual damages.

9Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:33 pm

giekuletz

Arresto Menor

liquidated damages po ang nakalagay sa contract. ano po kayang pwedeng defense ko in case na singilin ako other that the review expenses at salaries...

10Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:53 pm

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

ipacompute mo muna lahat ng babayaran mo. sabihin mo bigyan ka ng breakdown. kung naglagay ng amount sa liquidated damages, itanong mo kung anong basis kasi wala naman sa contract.

11Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:21 pm

giekuletz

Arresto Menor

pwede ko po ba ipaconvert as loan yung mga expenses sa akin during the lock in period?...

12Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:48 pm

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

really depends on your employer kung papayag. makiusap ka.

13Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:13 am

giekuletz

Arresto Menor

halimbawa po nakabayad na po ako, at magreresign na ako, pwede pa po ba nilang dagdagan yung charges nila sa akin during the transition and clearance period?

14Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:37 am

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

kung fully paid na, wala ng basis ang charges. kung papayag sila sa installment, may charges yun until paid in full. depende sa mapagusapan nyo.

15Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:33 am

giekuletz

Arresto Menor

kung dadagdagan po nila, pero fully paid ko na, may laban po ba ako na magreklamo?

16Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:15 am

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

yes.

17Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:09 pm

giekuletz

Arresto Menor

magaling po abogado ng kompanya, tapos wala po ako abogado, paano po ako magkakaroon ng laban dun?

18Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:51 pm

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

kung magaling yan, im sure alam nya ang batas. so wala kang dapat ipagalala.

19Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:30 pm

giekuletz

Arresto Menor

actually, I want to consult the whole contract so that I will know my rights, but di ko po alam kung kanino...

20Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:01 pm

zel1813

Arresto Menor

For example po, may isang ordinary landscaper na idinemanda ng breach of contract ng isang autoparts company dahil sa nagkaroon ng accident, 2hrs.power interruption due to damaged power suppy, dahil sa sumabit ung tinatanggal na flag pole sa cable wire ng meralco na nagresult ng 2hrs.stop production, 1.2 million ang hinihingi for the damages. Paano po kung wala naman kakayahan bayaran ung ganun kalaking halaga, ano po ba ang pwede gawin, may iba pa ba solusyon, may laban po ba?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum