Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

passport amendment

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1passport amendment Empty passport amendment Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:10 pm

Waleed

Arresto Menor

Good day po sa lahat.
Please advice, I'm married but separated already for a couples of years.

is it possible to chage my last name (husband last name) and use my father's last name in my passport? Coz i want to renew my passport but i dont want to use my ex-husband last name instead i want to use my Islamic name.

and also what is the procedure to change my name using my Islamic name with my father's last name since i am converted to Islam.

looking forward from your answers...thanks in advance

2passport amendment Empty Re: passport amendment Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:12 pm

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

Once a married woman opted to adopt her husband’s surname in her passport, she may not revert to the use of her maiden name, except in the cases enumerated in Section 5(d) of RA 8239. These instances are: (1) death of husband; (2) divorce; (3) annulment; or (4) nullity of marriage. While the marriage is still subsisting, a married woman may not change her family name at will. The reason? To avoid confusion and inconsistency in the records of passport holders.

3passport amendment Empty Re: passport amendment Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:26 pm

Waleed

Arresto Menor

thank you for your response.

what if i got married to a Muslim man under Shari'a Law. And I want to use his surname.

Coz, under Shari'a Law I can marry a Muslim man if my husband didnt convert to Islam since I cant leave with him if he is still a Christian.

4passport amendment Empty Re: passport amendment Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:18 pm

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

i cannot give a legal opinion as i am not familiar with the sharia law. but if youre going to amend any info on your passport, im sure DFa will require certain documents like divorce papers from your previous marriage plus your second marriage contract.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum