Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is the allowance given to me in an informal work arrangement taxable?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

frozenviolette

Arresto Menor

Hello,

From April to December 2011, my boss hired me as an assistant in her personal capacity. We had no formal/written arrangements /contract whatsoever. I was not required to pay PhilHealth and SSS contributions and she did not require me to have a TIN number. She gave me an allowance of P18,000/month. Is this allowance tax exempted or do I have to pay tax for this? If I have to pay tax for it, how do I compute the tax due plus penalties if I intend to file it this year? Also, do I really have to supply BIR my former boss' TIN number in the form or is her full name sufficient? Am I the only one liable or does my former boss have liability as well?

Thanks for your help and looking forward to your response.  Smile

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

frozenviolette wrote:Hello,

From April to December 2011, my boss hired me as an assistant in her personal capacity. We had no formal/written arrangements /contract whatsoever. I was not required to pay PhilHealth and SSS contributions and she did not require me to have a TIN number. She gave me an allowance of P18,000/month. Is this allowance tax exempted or do I have to pay tax for this? If I have to pay tax for it, how do I compute the tax due plus penalties if I intend to file it this year? Also, do I really have to supply BIR my former boss' TIN number in the form or is her full name sufficient? Am I the only one liable or does my former boss have liability as well?

Thanks for your help and looking forward to your response.  Smile

That's 3 years ago. What have you been doing since 2012?

http://www.councilviews.com

frozenviolette

Arresto Menor

I've been gainfully employed in the private sector since then. This matter slipped my mind until I read something about taxable allowances (I don't know if this applies to my situation before.) So is it taxable and if it is, how do I compute for the tax due plus penalties? Thanks so much for all your replies. Smile

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

frozenviolette wrote:I've been gainfully employed in the private sector since then. This matter slipped my mind until I read something about taxable allowances (I don't know if this applies to my situation before.) So is it taxable and if it is, how do I compute for the tax due plus penalties?  Thanks so much for all your replies. Smile

Any tax due would be computed for all income in 2011, with a maximum of 32%. Plus penalties of up to 50% of amount.

For an exact computation, you need to go to BIR, which might not be a good thing for you.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum