Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Non- Competition Agreement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Non- Competition Agreement Empty Non- Competition Agreement Thu May 22, 2014 6:58 pm

lrdusaran

Arresto Menor

Hi Everyone,

I just want to clarify whether the "Non-competition Agreement" for each employee is lawful. The company made all the employee sign this agreement wherein it states that an employee must not be employed, engaged, or be related in a business in any manner similar to, or in connections with any of the company's businesses during the term of his employment and two (2) years after the employee's tenure. Violations of the agreement will charged the employee for Php1,000,000 as damages. Is it legal??? Saan na lang magtatrabaho ang empleyado kung yun lang ang kanyang expertise. Maghihintay pa sya ng two (2) years?

Hope you can enlighten us.

2Non- Competition Agreement Empty Re: Non- Competition Agreement Thu May 22, 2014 7:52 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

lrdusaran wrote:Hi Everyone,

I just want to clarify whether the "Non-competition Agreement" for each employee is lawful. The company made all the employee sign this agreement wherein it states that an employee must not be employed, engaged, or be related in a business in any manner similar to, or in connections with any of the company's businesses during the term of his employment and two (2) years after the employee's tenure. Violations of the agreement will charged the employee for Php1,000,000 as damages. Is it legal??? Saan na lang magtatrabaho ang empleyado kung yun lang ang kanyang expertise. Maghihintay pa sya ng two (2) years?

Hope you can enlighten us.

Generally this is allowed. If you did not like that part of the contract, then you could have declined their offer.

I hope you also understand the side of the employer that if you leave them after you learn of their trade secrets, you can give that to their competitor.

BTW, for what position is this non-compete clause?

http://www.councilviews.com

3Non- Competition Agreement Empty Re: Non- Competition Agreement Fri May 23, 2014 5:55 pm

lrdusaran

Arresto Menor

Applicable to all...regardless of position...

4Non- Competition Agreement Empty Re: Non- Competition Agreement Fri May 23, 2014 6:57 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

lrdusaran wrote:Applicable to all...regardless of position...

So far I don't see any reason for it to be unenforceable.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum