Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Overtime Pay question...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Overtime Pay question... Empty Overtime Pay question... Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:43 am

geohunk

Arresto Menor

I need some clarification regarding Overtime pay. Regular working days for me is from Friday to Tuesday with Wednesday Thursdays off. Shift starts from 9pm to 6am. Now for this coming week, my schedule for Sunday shift was moved or pushed to start at 1am to 10am Monday morning and I still have regular shift starting 9pm that same day/evening. Under the definition of a “24 hour work day” would I be paid Overtime for the work rendered from 9pm onwards for that Monday night, even though technically that is my regular shift on Mondays? It is confusing because the 24 hour workday rule overlaps in this case being that my Sunday shift was moved to 1am on Monday morning and the “workday” ends 1am Tuesday morning. My employer still has not answered this for me.

Overtime Pay.
Overtime pay is the additional compensation payable to employee for services or work rendered beyond the normal eight hours of work. It is computed by multiplying the overtime rate with the number of hours in excess of the regular eight hours of work.
Overtime Work.
Any work performed beyond the normal 8 hours of work in one workday is considered as overtime work.
Workday.
A workday is the consecutive 24-hour period which commences from the time the employee starts to work and ends at the same time the following day. To illustrate, if the employee regularly works from 8AM to 4PM, his regular workday is the 24-hour period from 8AM to 8AM of the following day. Workdays do not necessarily corresponds to calendar days.

2Overtime Pay question... Empty Re: Overtime Pay question... Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:59 pm

concilii

Arresto Menor

geohunk wrote:I need some clarification regarding Overtime pay. Regular working days for me is from Friday to Tuesday with Wednesday Thursdays off. Shift starts from 9pm to 6am. Now for this coming week, my schedule for Sunday shift was moved or pushed to start at 1am to 10am Monday morning and I still have regular shift starting 9pm that same day/evening. Under the definition of a “24 hour work day” would I be paid Overtime for the work rendered from 9pm onwards for that Monday night, even though technically that is my regular shift on Mondays? It is confusing because the 24 hour workday rule overlaps in this case being that my Sunday shift was moved to 1am on Monday morning and the “workday” ends 1am Tuesday morning. My employer still has not answered this for me.

Overtime Pay.
Overtime pay is the additional compensation payable to employee for services or work rendered beyond the normal eight hours of work. It is computed by multiplying the overtime rate with the number of hours in excess of the regular eight hours of work.
Overtime Work.
Any work performed beyond the normal 8 hours of work in one workday is considered as overtime work.
Workday.
A workday is the consecutive 24-hour period which commences from the time the employee starts to work and ends at the same time the following day. To illustrate, if the employee regularly works from 8AM to 4PM, his regular workday is the 24-hour period from 8AM to 8AM of the following day. Workdays do not necessarily corresponds to calendar days.

THAT IS REALLY CONFUSING.. You better seek your HRD's clarification. Your MONDAY schedule is supposedly your "REGULAR" shift, besides you are considered on break from 10:AM TO 9:00 PM same day.. bale SLEEP OFF mo yun

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum