Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legal Action

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Legal Action Empty Legal Action Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:41 am

ryuji35

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I would just like to know what legal action can I take kung may nagpadala sa akin ng demand letter asking me to pay P100,000 damages for something that I did within 5 days or else they will file charges daw. I did something kasi 2 weeks prior before receiving the letter. Sabi nung naagrabiyado ko, he won't file charges. But I received a letter from his lawyer na, if I don't pay the amount (which is the minimum penalty if they filed the said charge and if proven guilty, plus 3 years jail time) they will file the necessary charges. Tke note: What they claim to be my offense is a criminal and not just a civil offense.

It sounds extortion to me. Then the person who sent and signed the letter, although coming from a legit law firm, just passed the bar exam and is yet to take the oath.

Ano bang case ang pwede kong ikaso? For my own research, ang nahanap ko lang is violation of Rule 19.01 of Code of professional responsibility (Fernando Pena vs. Atty. Aparicio)  and extortion.

Pero I can't find any ruling in regards to a person who passed the bar but yet to take an oath pero he is acting/issuing legal documents like a lawyer na.

PLease help

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum