Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

transfer of land title..mother still alive.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chillsetneuf

Arresto Menor

Hi

Just want to know how can we go about transferring land title to me. We had the land from NHA and we already paid it in full we even have the land title now under my father and mothers name. However my father recently passed away and my mother want it now to be transferred to my name.

What should we do? What are the government offices we need to visit and what are the fees(if you know)
What are also the documents need to be prepared?

Hope you can help me.
Thanks a lot.

2transfer of land title..mother still alive. Empty 15% transfer of rights from NHA Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:39 am

alexayturralde

Arresto Menor

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. Smile

From what I know, it would be best to go to NHA. I don't think it should be much of problem since it is easily transferable through hereditary succession. I would think you would have to present your father's death certificate, marriage certificate and other pertinent documents.

When it comes to fees, I have been charged 15% of the consideration (or market value, whichever is higher) for transfer of rights outside hereditary succession. This really looks questionable to me and I have been wanting to confirm this, but I have no way how.

Does anyone know if the 15% fee for transfer of rights is valid? It appears exorbitant to me, but I do not know much.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum