Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

labor question:need advice

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1labor question:need advice Empty labor question:need advice Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:11 pm

maskrider007

Arresto Menor

I'm a call cernter agent working in makati, I had one bad call in which they say what I did is fraud..they say i have to respond in 5 days and there would be an investigation...But they say during investigation; they will put me in unpaid 30 days suspension...Has the company under Phillippine law have  the right to suspend it's employee while still in investigation?  Embarassed

2labor question:need advice Empty Re: labor question:need advice Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:40 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

maskrider007 wrote:I'm a call cernter agent working in makati, I had one bad call in which they say what I did is fraud..they say i have to respond in 5 days and there would be an investigation...But they say during investigation; they will put me in unpaid 30 days suspension...Has the company under Phillippine law have  the right to suspend it's employee while still in investigation?  Embarassed

Yes, that's called preventive suspension, given for a maximum of 30 days.

SECTION 3. Preventive suspension. — The employer may place the worker concerned under preventive suspension if his continued employment poses a serious and imminent threat to the life or property of the employer or of his co-workers.

SECTION 4. Period of suspension. — No preventive suspension shall last longer than 30 days. The employer shall thereafter reinstate the worker in his former or in a substantially equivalent position or the employer may extend the period of suspension provided that during the period of extension, he pays the wages and other benefits due to the worker. In such case, the worker shall not be bound to reimburse the amount paid to him during the extension if the employer decides, after completion of the hearing, to dismiss the worker.

Did they give you the notice on paper, stating therein also that you would be put on preventive suspension?

http://www.councilviews.com

3labor question:need advice Empty labor question:need advice Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:00 pm

maskrider007

Arresto Menor

yes they give the paper after shift 6am i was just shocked bec it said i can respond in 5 days but i will be suspended in 30 days and i will not be allowed to enter the workplace only communication was with hr office....what i deed attorney is I did not sign the paper i just did not go to work anymore.

4labor question:need advice Empty Re: labor question:need advice Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:03 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

maskrider007 wrote:yes they give the paper after shift 6am i was just shocked bec it said i can respond in 5 days but i will be suspended in 30 days and i will not be allowed to enter the workplace only communication was with hr office....what i deed attorney is I did not sign the paper i just did not go to work anymore.

30 days is maximum.

if you did not go to work anymore then you could be considered AWOL if they ask you to report for the hearing, and they can make a decision based on existing evidence.

http://www.councilviews.com

5labor question:need advice Empty Re: labor question:need advice Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:44 pm

maskrider007

Arresto Menor

Thanks attorney for your expert advise God Bless Smile Smile Smile 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum