Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harassment to Me by the Mother of My Illegitimate Daughter.

+2
HardKnockLife
zelel000
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

zelel000

Arresto Menor

I have an illegitimate daughter with my ex-girlfriend. During her pregnancy we got separated and we had a contract signed at our barangay office stating that I would provide financial support for my daughter provided that I could see my daughter. When my daughter was born I acknowledged her as my illegitimate child and let her use my last name. I was continuously supporting my daughter financially from the start of my ex-girlfriend's pregnancy until my daughter was at the age of 4 months. I stopped giving support because my ex-girlfriend doesn't let me see my daughter anymore because she is mad at me that I am dating a new girl even if we are separated and she ask more financial support than what my child actually needs that I feel she is just harassing me because she is mad at me for the fact that I am in love with someone else. She also demands that I have to give money at time when she ask me to even though that I don't have any at the time she asked. She ask for things that are expensive even if not needed. She even cost me to almost get fired for my job because she wants me to bring the things that my daughter needs even if it is my working time. During the signing of the contract in our barangay she even imposed that my salary should be divided by 3 and 2/3 will go to them. My daughter is turning 1 year old 4 months from now. I more than willing to continue to give financial support for my daughter since I know that it is my responsibility and since my ex-girlfriend has no job and is undergraduate even though she told all the people that we know that I abandoned my child because I am irresponsible.

My questions are as follows.
1. Can I have legal custody of my daughter since my ex-girlfriend has no job?

2. Does my ex-girlfriend has a right to deprived me of my rights to see my daughter because I am now dating a new girl?

3. Where can I get an advice on how much financial support should I give to my daughter?

4. Does she have grounds to file a case against me that I abandoned my child?

5.Do I have grounds to file a case against my ex-girlfriend for defamation?

Thank you so much for your legal advice.

zelel000

Arresto Menor

Pa advice nmn po tungkol sa mga questions sir and maam. Thank you po.

HardKnockLife

Arresto Menor

Hi.. Yes she has grounds to file a case against u which is economic abuse RA 9262. Better yet you need to continue providing support and make sure u have evidence such as receipts bank transfer history or in any other form that you provide for them.

rey04

Arresto Mayor

huwag nang mag counter suit sa babae.hindi pinapatolan nang fiscal yan especially lalake tayu.

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

My questions are as follows.
1. Can I have legal custody of my daughter since my ex-girlfriend has no job? - No. Only if you can show to the court and prove that child is in danger with her mother.

2. Does my ex-girlfriend has a right to deprived me of my rights to see my daughter because I am now dating a new girl? - You have visitation right. you must insist that right.

3. Where can I get an advice on how much financial support should I give to my daughter? - Our law is very clear about providing financial support. the amount shall be proportion to the resources of the giver and to the necessities of the recipient.

4. Does she have grounds to file a case against me that I abandoned my child? -just continue providing for your child and abandonment will not prosper. make sure that you will have proof that you are giving your support.

5.Do I have grounds to file a case against my ex-girlfriend for defamation? - IMO, there is no need for that. lalo lang gugulo ang situation nyo.

takuri

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I have a similar case. The mother wants everything from me from house to their food in the table. She and her family are giving me hard time. I stopped her food allowance and that is the reason she asked me to hire a yaya so she can find work. But the problem is she doesn't come back and left the child to yaya. I worry about the child safety especially there are stairs in their apartment that I rented for them. Her parents who live next door also give me hard time. They want cash to be sent immediately for the baby. They also have money problem and I'm afraid not everything will be spent for the baby. I told them to get the baby's needs that I will be sent from Mercury Drug. They declined saying no one can claim but they can claim in LBC if I send cash. I plan to have the milk, diaper and other supplies delivered by LBC. What should I do if they won't accept the package? The mother threatened that if I don't send money for her food the baby will also starve. This is a form child abuse. I really want to have the baby in my custody to have peace of mind. They also don't want to give me visitation rights because they are mad at me because I stopped giving allowance to the mother. I already shouldered the rent, water and electricity. Please advise.

mimsy

Reclusion Temporal

Kaloka talaga tong mga babaeng to, ito na ang negative result ng ra 9262, dahil alam nilang walang laban ang lalaki inaabuso nila...better consult a lawyer on how you can handle this family, kawawa ka naman...

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

takuri wrote:Hi,

I have a similar case. The mother wants everything from me from house to their food in the table. She and her family are giving me hard time. I stopped her food allowance and that is the reason she asked me to hire a yaya so she can find work. But the problem is she doesn't come back and left the child to yaya. I worry about the child safety especially there are stairs in their apartment that I rented for them. Her parents who live next door also give me hard time. They want cash to be sent immediately for the baby. They also have money problem and I'm afraid not everything will be spent for the baby. I told them to get the baby's needs that I will be sent from Mercury Drug. They declined saying no one can claim but they can claim in LBC if I send cash. I plan to have the milk, diaper and other supplies delivered by LBC. What should I do if they won't accept the package? The mother threatened that if I don't send money for her food the baby will also starve. This is a form  child abuse. I really want to have the baby in my custody to have peace of mind. They also don't want to give me visitation rights because they are mad at me because I stopped giving allowance to the mother. I already shouldered the rent, water and electricity. Please advise.

Both parents have legal obligation to provide supports for their child(ren). From daily sustenance, dwelling, clothing, medical attendance, education and transportation, in keeping with the financial capacity of their family. Nasa Family code po natin yan.

The family code also states that the amount of support shall be in proportion to the resources or means of the giver and to the necessities of the recipient.

IMO, asking for more than what the child needs is clearly an abusive act. Hayaan mo siyang mag-banat ng buto nya, ibigay mo lang at nararapat sa bata. Siguraduhin mo din na may proof ka ng mga ibinibigay mo sa kanila.

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

mimsy wrote:Kaloka talaga tong mga babaeng to, ito na ang negative result ng ra 9262, dahil alam nilang walang laban ang lalaki inaabuso nila...better consult a lawyer on how you can handle this family, kawawa ka naman...

Hindi sa "walang laban". it is common for many women to ask for everything (even the underwear of the father) when it comes to child support. Ang problema lang ay madami sa mga kalalakihan natin ang kulang sa kaalaman pag-dating sa ganyang situation. at para sa akin, RA9262 is the most abusive law para para sa mga lalaki.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum