Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

ILLEGAL DISMISSAL?!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ILLEGAL DISMISSAL?! Empty ILLEGAL DISMISSAL?! Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:02 am

torresfjerome@gmail.com

Arresto Menor

I worked in a BPO company.
Job was collections. Collect on late payments on customer credit card accounts.

Inbound call. Customer was upset he's receiving phone calls.
I asked his intention to pay, he gave me the date and amount.I told him I would note it on his account and then thanked him for calling him.
Customer asked me if I was being rude.
He asked me if the calls would stop, I said I noted his account so it should.
He asked me if we will waive the late fees. I said no. As per company policy we cannot take the late charges off if it's not bank error.
He got even upset. He wanted to speak witha manager.
I tried to deescalate the first time but he insisted.
So i asked him if he can hold, he said yes. So i said, kindly hold.
Put him on hold. Looked fora manager, still engaged on a call, I browsed the internet for a few seconds.
Then the manager is already available, I told him what happened, and when i was about to transfer, he hung up.

Customer did not callback. Nor complained of the instance.

------------------
The call was monitored.
I was given a notice to explain.
Containing a narrative of the above that i find subjective.
It said that i have violated 4 company policies, 2 of which is a terminable offense.
1. Gross Discourtesy TERMINABLE
2. Deliberate clearing line TERMINABLE
3. Refusal to transfer FORMAL WARNING
4. Unauthorized activities (for internet use) FORMALWARNING

I replied to their notice.
Gross Discourtesy - I have not in anyway shouted,uttered rude remarks, degraded the customer.
Deliberate clearing - it was the customer who hung up. Even QA said we cannottell for sure.
Refusal to transfer - i did not refuse.
Unauthorized - to this i admitted.

After they served the notice they told me that I am not allowed to takecalls.
I asked if that was preventive suspension, for i need it in writing. They said it isn't.

After a few weeks, they informed i am terminated because upon investigation, i was guilty of Gross discourtesy and unauthorized activities, which i believe being myfirst offense, would constitute formal warning.

I cannot believe their verdict. I did not sign the papers. But i asked for a copy, whichthey denied me because i did not sign it.

I've been reading, and I think, the gravity of the offense given me does not commensurate the sanction.
I have no attendace infraction and ive been perfoming well i was even receiving incentives.

Questions:
1. Do i have a case?
2. I was receiving incentives. I was dismissed January. I have yet to receive my December and January bonus because it was already put on hold. It is of significant amount,for me.Can they take it away?

2ILLEGAL DISMISSAL?! Empty Re: ILLEGAL DISMISSAL?! Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:26 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

torresfjerome@gmail.com wrote:
I replied to their notice.
Gross Discourtesy - I have not in anyway shouted,uttered rude remarks, degraded the customer.
Deliberate clearing - it was the customer who hung up. Even QA said we cannottell for sure.
Refusal to transfer - i did not refuse.
Unauthorized - to this i admitted.

After they served the notice they told me that I am not allowed to takecalls.
I asked if that was preventive suspension, for i need it in writing. They said it isn't.

After a few weeks, they informed i am terminated because upon investigation, i was guilty of Gross discourtesy and unauthorized activities, which i believe being myfirst offense, would constitute formal warning.

I cannot believe their verdict. I did not sign the papers. But i asked for a copy, whichthey denied me because i did not sign it.

I've been reading, and I think, the gravity of the offense given me does not commensurate the sanction.
I have no attendace infraction and ive been perfoming well i was even receiving incentives.

Questions:
1. Do i have a case?
2. I was receiving incentives. I was dismissed January. I have yet to receive my December and January bonus because it was already put on hold. It is of significant amount,for me.Can they take it away?

Was there a hearing after your explanation?

What did you do while you were not allowed to take in calls?

Unless specified in your contract or the guidelines of the account, anything you may have earned before the infraction should be paid out eventually.

http://www.councilviews.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum