Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breach of Contract

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Breach of Contract Empty Breach of Contract Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:05 pm

jhon29

Arresto Menor

Hi I just need an advise. I applied recently from a BPO company and I was able to pass all the interviews and exam so yesterday I was asked to go back for Job Offer. They've explained everything to me what was stated on the contract and I signed it even though I have second thought and the start date would be on the 17th of March, after the contract signing i went home.. when I got home since I have this second thought and as I've to other people about the offer also I haven't resigned yet with my present employer I decided not to continue with lit..

This is what stated on the contract :

It is understood that your date of joining (name of the company) will not later than March 17, 2014, failing which, this offer will automatically stand revoked without any further notice.

*** my question is is there something the company can do to me or am I gonna breach the contract if I will not be present on the said date?

Thanks in advance for those who will answer. Smile

2Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:10 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

jhon29 wrote:Hi I just need an advise. I applied recently from a BPO company and I was able to pass all the interviews and exam so yesterday I was asked to go back for Job Offer. They've explained everything to me what was stated on the contract and I signed it even though I have second thought and the start date would be on the 17th of March, after the contract signing i went home.. when I got home since I have this second thought and as I've to other people about the offer also I haven't resigned yet with my present employer I decided not to continue with lit..

This is what stated on the contract :

It is understood that your date of joining (name of the company) will not later than March 17, 2014, failing which, this offer will automatically stand revoked without any further notice.

*** my question is is there something the company can do to me or am I gonna breach the contract if I will not be present on the said date?

Thanks in advance for those who will answer. Smile

Strictly speaking, yes, the company can sue you for breach of contract, then tag you as a no-show or AWOL.

And yes, the contract is valid even if you have not yet started.

Art. 1315. Contracts are perfected by mere consent, and from that moment the parties are bound not only to the fulfillment of what has been expressly stipulated but also to all the consequences which, according to their nature, may be in keeping with good faith, usage and law.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:57 pm

ronray_1900

Arresto Menor

If the one who give you contract breach on it? how could I terminate so I can now start looking for a new opportunities?

Because on my side the employer breach the contract and now we are on the internal settlement process. do i need to wait for the settlement process before i request for the termination of contract. Please advice me because how if other company offer me a new job how could sign the contract?

4Breach of Contract Empty Re: Breach of Contract Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:04 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

ronray_1900 wrote:If the one who give you contract breach on it? how could I terminate so I can now start looking for a new opportunities?

Because on my side the employer breach the contract and now we are on the  internal settlement process. do i need to wait for the settlement  process before i request for the termination of contract. Please advice me because how if other company offer me a new job how could sign the contract?

Sorry I don't have an idea what you're talking about, since there may be incomplete details. Start a new thread and post all your questions there.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum