Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

opening a checking account

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1opening a checking account  Empty opening a checking account Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:19 am

gaildbagunu

Arresto Menor

will the bank check my credit record when i open a checking account?i really need to open a checking account because it's a requirement for our housing loan (in-house financing).will i be allowed to open one even if i have unsettled credit card account?

Last edited by gaildbagunu on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too long.)

2opening a checking account  Empty Re: opening a checking account Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:53 am

stargazer

Arresto Mayor

i don't see any problem in opening a checking account. their requirement usually is 2 govt issued ids. unless you have previous criminal case like estafa or bouncing checks.

if your developer has a tie up with a bank, i think you could request an endorsement from them to their bank.

3opening a checking account  Empty Re: Opening a Checking Account Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:14 pm

roneulice0212

Arresto Menor

gaildbagunu wrote:will the bank check my credit record when i open a checking account?i really need to open a checking account because it's a requirement for our housing loan (in-house financing).will i be allowed to open one even if i have unsettled credit card account?

Based on practice, most banks have online system in which negative information file are share among members, information such as closed checking account due to improper handling, past due loans etc.. In those system, listed names of blacklisted individuals who have unfavorable records in banking and credit industries. If the bank officer who approves the opening of account, found your name in the negative information system, and if he/she sees you cannot be trusted for such account, he/she may decline your application for a current/checking account, but even if your name is listed in Negative File Information System and found that you can be trusted in it, it may be your lucky day.

For easy opening of checking account, try the rural, savings or thrift banks, and avoid the commercial banks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum