Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

unpaid hospital bill

+2
attyLLL
dkny
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1unpaid hospital bill Empty unpaid hospital bill Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:30 pm

dkny

Arresto Menor

lastdec 2008 sinugod ako sa hospital kse nagbleed ako i was 7-8 months pregnant that time..nanganak ako then my son was brought in the incubator for 18 days but then he died... we had a bill of almost 400,000 pesos.. pinayagan kme makalabas bec of a promisory note and bec may kakilala kmeng isang nurse...

ngaun pinagiinitan ng hospital yung nurse and sad to say wla pa kme ganon kalaking pera to pay our bill..

what should we do.. thanks!! i really need ur help...

2unpaid hospital bill Empty Re: unpaid hospital bill Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:40 pm

attyLLL

what you can do is offer as big a down payment as you can, negotiate the rest, then pay installments afterwards. i can understand how difficult this is for you, but the hospital did render a service and has a right to seek payment.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3unpaid hospital bill Empty Re: unpaid hospital bill Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:10 pm

mark12

Arresto Menor

bring ur promissorry note to pcso and apply for assistance but make sure the hospital will accept guarantee letter of pcso

4unpaid hospital bill Empty Re: unpaid hospital bill Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:31 am

elora

Arresto Menor

can anyone helpme Sad

i was rushed to the hospital last august bcoz of an accidental fall..pro sa er lng. i wasnt able to pay the hospital bill worth 12k. i dont have any money coz im just a student and my parents also dont have money. nung na discharge na ako, umalis lng ako sa hospital..ako lng mag isa. wlang promisory note or watever. hnd din nila alm ung address ko and ung complete name ko kc isinugod lng ako ng mga nakakita sakenand i was unconcious. then my dumating na mail sbi i have 13 500 bill coz of interest too.

im just asking anong mangyayari kung hnd mabayaran ung hospital bill? i didnt sign any promisory note at all bfore and they dont have any info about me. ngulat nlng ako alam nila adress ko. hnd ko tnakasan ung hospital bill, pro wlang wla kac ako.

5unpaid hospital bill Empty Re: unpaid hospital bill Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:07 am

attyLLL

hnd ko tnakasan ung hospital bill,
if this is true, then go back to the hospital and try to work out a way to settle the bill by paying in installments. sign a promissory note.

If you don't work it out, they can file a case for collection against you. while you will not be charged with a crime, the hospital is deserving of being paid.

6unpaid hospital bill Empty Re: unpaid hospital bill Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:43 am

ninab

Arresto Menor

my brother is cuurently confined at the hospital. we have an unsetteled balance of 890K. his bill is almost 2M. na clear na sha ng doctors and pwede na po umuwi. We cannot go home because of the unpaid balance.

We offered a promissory note na may kasamang land title. Payag po sila pero we have to stay there for about 3 weeks pa daw until maclear yung title.

I have read something about the illegal detention of patients pero his not covered kasi nasa private room po sha.

Hindi naman po sha pwede ilagay sa hindi private kasi naka isolation sha for a month because of chemo(he is suffering from leukemia).

ano po ba pwede gawin para makauwi na sha? parang illegal detention naman po kasi pag they force us to stay for another 3 weeks just because of the balance when my brother is allowed to go home na by the doctors.

Thanks!

7unpaid hospital bill Empty Re: unpaid hospital bill Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:55 am

attyrim

attyrim
lawyer

Did you remember any contract that you or your patient signed? If there is, sad to say it may constitute as a waiver thereby binding you to what ever terms and conditions stated in the said document. All you can do is to coordinate with the hospital to give you timely update about the status of the land title you have offered as payment

8unpaid hospital bill Empty Re: unpaid hospital bill Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:52 pm

attyLLL

ninab, i'm afraid the provisions of RA 9439 are simply not in your favor because you are in a private room. i do know of one similar instance where the patient's lawyers demanded that the patient be allowed to leave else they would file illegal detention charges against the hospital's officers. the hospital was persuaded to let them go, but partial payment and securities were given.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum